Any one tried divecomputer.eu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is still relevant.

My dive computer just broke - after only 12 years - and it does not record dives anymore and I need a new one. One with a large LCD screen would be preferred as I'm frequently diving in 10 inch visibility and judging depth by equalization is kind of inexact. Divecomputer.eu is the cheapest one I can find. Shearwater is 2x out of price range. The computer needs to have at least a gauge mode as I'm doing trimix dives sometimes.

So, with the newest NPX hardware, is this device still plagued by resets under water, or has it been made more shock proof? Will it remain powered on if I hit a wall in a cave or if I do physical labor under water like lift/carry heavy things or use a hammer?

- Yeah, of course there is a memorized or written contingency plan on serious dives, and a bottom timer/watch, but computer resetting mid-dive would still be annoying as the profile might be lost.
I remember reading somewhere that they actually sold the rights of the device to another company that was going to further develop the software or something like this.
If so, read a lot of reviews about this new company/software and if they are good you may consider it.
I would never buy anything sold by this Tecdiving group ever again.

I forgot to mention, it stays on when it is wet even in the baby bath tab I am using to rinse my gear.

Are you sure?

The iDive Color easy is a fraction of the Perdix price:

The iX3M Pro Easy is also much less than the Perdix:
Sorry for my confusion. I meant the Ratio computers, not iDive.

Sorry for my confusion. I meant the Ratio computers, not iDive.

iDive is a "watch" version of Ratio's computers. There is the iX3M line, the bigger rectangular screen, and the watch type "iDive." Both are substantially less expensive than the Perdix with all features including upgrade option to more advanced features (technical route). The "Easy" versions of both have ALL features a recreational diver would ever need.

Thanks for the .eu -link. Prices were substantially lower than in national shops.

For normoxic, you'd need the Deep, which is 50 Euros more, so 450 Euros for the iDive color deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom