Another Venice Beach Dive-Sun. 1-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you own one, no sense letting it lay around getting dry-rotted...............

scuba_jenny:
According to This site the water temp is a toasty 64 degrees. I hope you have drysuits!
(notice the icon is a frozen smilie)

See ya over there in May....

I wore a 7 mill FJ and a hood, I didn't wear gloves, a few weeks ago there when the H2O temp was around 57-62 and I was just fine. On the swim back I did take my hood off and it did feel like little daggers in my skull. So at 64 I just might sweat.

Chuck

"Now that I live in Florida, how will I know when it's Spring?"
To answer your question...Spring is when the tourists leave and we can reclaim the beaches! (no offense to our visitors of course)

Well i wore my 5mm and 3mm hood, was toasty diving in 59F water.

Also, wildbill (seeing as you are working sunday), reefguy (pretty local) - are you up for saturday (tmoorrow - 1/10) am?

As for spring, its when the lambs come out (oh sorry that is where i grew up!) - its when the frost leaves!!

Actually, Saturday works better for me, I've got babysitting for all day. I'll try to be there 8-8:30, and I'm bringing two tanks.

Great, so that might be a few of us, Reefbuy, Divingvenice, me and possibly Dutchfin (maybe). Really going to try to do two tanks and get some teeth this time!

Sorry we cant all be with you on sunday (GF wants to dive, but not freeze!) and timing is a little tougher to organise!

simbrooks:
Great, so that might be a few of us, Reefbuy, Divingvenice, me and possibly Dutchfin (maybe). Really going to try to do two tanks and get some teeth this time!

Sorry we cant all be with you on sunday (GF wants to dive, but not freeze!) and timing is a little tougher to organise!

:-( ....... well leave some teeth for us......

And good luck tomorrow....May you see your hands and break a sweat!

Chuck

I got there at 8.30 this morning, waited a while and saw Walter around 9.30, we decided it wasnt going to be fun - you may still find teeth, but you wont see what you are looking for.

The surf was about 1-2ft over the sand bar, but that was made worse by the low tide. It looked like the bottom would have been well stirred up due to that wave action.

Good luck if you go, we went to Paradise Springs, fun, and going again tomorrow with my GF.

would like to hear from anyone who dove today ,would like vis at 12 inches, sun and no breez to worry about. so all you divers today speak out thanks

madeline:
would like to hear from anyone who dove in venice today ,would like vis at 12 inches, sun and no breez to worry about. so all you divers today speak out . water temp no problem just air temp a question tho really would like to see more than 0 vis thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom