Another Venice Beach Dive-Sun. 1-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have just missed you, simbrooks. I got there at 8:15, and left at 8:30. Didn't even need to get out of the car to know. The whitecaps were enough - and the fact that I wouldn't even get my knees wet getting out to the sand bar. It looked pretty nasty.

Well I think your reports have just saved us a 2.5 hour trip for nothing. Plus if the weather/temp is as cold tomorrow as it was today it just wpuldn't be all that much fun. Plus I don't want to risk getting out-of-sorts for our club trip to the Keys next weekend.

Let me know what time you plan on Paradise Springs tomorrow. I live less than 15 minutes away and I might meet you. I've never dove the spring so it would be fun,plus I can sleep in.
Thanks again for the reports.

Chuck

PS around 1.15, first time for my GF, second for me, including todays effort with Walter.

Would be nice to see others, however i hope it doesnt get too busy!!

Sorry the water was not so inviting today, i really doubt it will be tomorrow either.

Sorry i missed you too Jeff, trying to judge the traffic over the 2 hour - 160 mile journey there is tough!! I hung around a while - hence seeing Walter after 9, so at least something good came of the day in the end, even if my car saw a whole bunch of miles!

Well I am still gonna make a try tommorow, maybe later in the morning. Forecast is calling for 65 to 68 deg temps and sunny. So spose I will see. Too bad I missed everyone today.

DV, did you go in yesterday? How was it, temps and sea condition as well as viz?

Went yesterday at about 11 AM, temperature wasn't bad, water was ok with the wetsuit, but waves were about 2 -3 feet and the visibility was nil. So all I did was try and dive down to bottom to check my weighting, as it was the first time in the water with a full wetsuit (shorty and farmer john) and hood, found out a needed a little bit more weight, then walked beach and found 20 sharks teeth, a couple really nice ones. So I suppose the morning wasn't a total waste. But then again, I suppose I didn't really waste any of my time, I live a rough 5 minute drive from most of the beaches, unlike the rest of you who drive 2.5 hours, hope conditions are good soon so you all can come visit me.

That was what was expected. However i cant believe you found that many teeth on the beach walking, i strolled for 15 mins whilst waiting around and didnt see anything as i picked thru the sand.

When i dove there the first time in my 5mm with 3mm hood i didnt have enough weight, just about got down and stayed for 30 mins until i gave up kicking and floated back up. Getting out seemed too far at that time to get more weight so thought i would do what i could with no air in the BC - surprised i lasted that long.

Will try to get down there sometime to find teeth, would be great that i find something on my 3rd trip down there. Will need reports from those close by as to the conditions, cos until i know its getting better i am just spending too much time driving without diving! Not the right formula.

Hey all, I live in venice, and am new to diving. made level 2 last year but have not dove in cooler waters. i get kinda lost on this board because of inexperience so if someone could email me that would be excellent! beatdrew@hotmail.com, thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom