Another Venice Beach Dive-Sun. 1-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still going to VB this Sunday?

What time?

SmokeAire:
Thank's very much for the tide chart link. I've added it to my bookmarks. Wouldn't you know that it will be low tide when we get there which means vis. will be kaka. But from what I gather vis. at VB is a big variable anyway.
I'm glad I didn't get rid of my 7mm farmer john wet suit when I moved down here so water temp. isn't an issue. Now if I could just develop sonar.

Chuck

We are still going to VB on Sun the 11th. Since it's a 2.5 hour drive for us we are expecting to get there between 8-9 am...yawn. Not a precise arrival window but the best I can do at this point.
Hope to see some of ya there.

Chuck

on going but may have to work that day. I'll check the schedule tomorrow.

Ann, If I'm there I'll need a buddy 8buck can't make it. :icosm03:

Wildbill:cop_2:

Well I am hoping to make it on sunday, it would be nice to meet some other divers from the area. All depends on if my buddy remembers to lend me their 6mm dive suit. Look forward to it. May even show up just to say hello even if I can't dive (I'd only be a little jealous).

A buddy (rwpatterson357) and I are diving Troy/Ginnie on Saturday and would like to join you on Sunday. I understand that you are going to be there around 8-9 am. Can someone give me the driving direction to where we are going to meet? Since this will be our first time in Venice, any pointers would be welcome.

After Saturday dives, we are likely to drive down to Venice. Any suggestions on where we can stay?

Thanks,

Meyer

From a previous thread i got these:
From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor) - there is no easily visible street sign for Harbor. Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

Have fun, we will on saturday!!

Oh good you found the directions. Yep, that is where we will be Sun. am. with coffee.

Chuck

Glad simbrooks gave the directions, shouldn't have any problems with them. I have posted them several times and I know Walter has as well, maybe NetDoc or Walter can make them a "sticky" so that they will remain at the top of the FCD Section and they won't have to be re-posted all the time.

As it turns out I'm scheduled to work on Sunday so I won't be able to go :frown:, But I will be paid overtime for 8 hours just to sit in a room and listen to phone conversations. ( it's called a Wire Tap :phone: )hehehe!!!

Hope you all have a great dive....post your results of the day.

Wildbill:cop_2:

According to This site the water temp is a toasty 64 degrees. I hope you have drysuits!
(notice the icon is a frozen smilie)

See ya over there in May....

Drysuits? We don't need no steenking drysuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom