Another help me pick a regulator thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so the deal on the DiveRite was too good to pass up, the guy threw in some extra hoses, the originals plus a couple braided flexi ones, as well as a lp bc inflator hose.

He only did 15 dives with it so is basically new. Price was less then 60% of new here, and cheaper than if I brought online from the US, even without considering shipping and import duty and tax etc.

Specifically it is this reg set here XT Advanced Open Water Regulator Package | Dive Rite

Thanks again for all the advice. If not for you guys I probably would have gone with the Sherwood...

Ok so the deal on the DiveRite was too good to pass up, the guy threw in some extra hoses, the originals plus a couple braided flexi ones, as well as a lp bc inflator hose.

He only did 15 dives with it so is basically new. Price was less then 60% of new here, and cheaper than if I brought online from the US, even without considering shipping and import duty and tax etc.

Specifically it is this reg set here XT Advanced Open Water Regulator Package | Dive Rite

Thanks again for all the advice. If not for you guys I probably would have gone with the Sherwood...

Hi,

I was wondering if you have dived with your new reg yet. My Mares Proton finally packed in and I need a new regulator. I just bought the Dive Rite transpac bcd but haven't tried it yet.

Let me know if you're happy with it.
Thanks
Buzzfish

@Buzzfish out of curiosity, what happened to the Mares?

The front cover came almost completely off. I felt it in my last live aboard 2 weeks ago. Then I when I brought it to the shop they pointed out the other problem which fortunately seemed to happen somewhere, somehow on the flight home. Rubber fatigue? I've had it about 15 years.

Proton_front cover.jpg Proton_reg.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom