Another Extended Dive Bum Vacation: Monterey & the Cali Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving in Seattle with Lynne & Bob for the past 3 days has been amazing - but the 44F water is freezing!! They are such generous people & fantastic divers! I got to sample Lynne's LP 85 doubles, she offered lots of tips & I learned to love Argon!

I'm in the Seattle airport now & will post a report with (yes Mike M - some pictures) tonight :)! I looking forward to being back in our tropical 53F water in Monterey with my buddies tomorrow!

1/15 Dove Lobos today with Kenn and later Erik. Small swell and perhaps 25+ ft vis by HITW. Beautiful day topside!

Dive one - Had a great dive kicking out to Lone Metridium, around HITW and Middle Reef with Kenn in doubles - max depth 70ft, dive time 89 minutes. Sure these huge tanks are pretty heavy and it's lots to get use to but I love the redundancy of carrying two tanks on my back - it feels so reassuring to have the backup :). I also love not having to rush back!

Dive two - met up with Erik who was test driving his new doubles. We slid into the water and spent the next hour floating around testing buoyancy and skills. Erik did fantastic! A curious harbor seal swam circles around us on the surface.

Heard there was good vis at BW so heading there tomorrow.

Last edited:
Glad that you went out today with some good buddies. 25+ft is quite nice.

You got it! Hope to see you there!

I'll be there too. We'll be set up on the metridium side - stop by and say hi if you happen to see me!

Have some good dives this weekend everyone! I just looked at the forecast and what the heck is rolling in on Monday?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom