Another Extended Dive Bum Vacation: Monterey & the Cali Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy, you got 3+ hours on one set of doubles? Wow!

Unbelievable isn't it ;-). At the end I still had to ditch gas for another weight check and we surfaced with 500psi's - which in doubles is roughly the same as 1,000psi's in one tank.

Watch Kenn's video of his dive with Kathy -- she's gotten VERY efficient in the water! (And 200 cu ft is a LOT of gas!)

Thanks Lynne, That's a huge compliment coming from you! Rest assure I still have my spastic moments, but thanks to my patient instructor, mentors, teammates and buddies those are becoming fewer :).

Last edited:
I was at Lobos today, nice diving. We did the middle reef and the wall, I had a new diver with me. I saw Phil and was hoping to catch you Kathy, but no luck. :-(

Had good viz, with lots of fry and krill in the water column, which is a little unusual. I'd have loved to swim a little further out and go a little deeper, i bet the vis was awesome, but I wasn't diving for myself, I was diving for my friend, who I think with more experience will be an excellent diver.

I was at Lobos today, nice diving. We did the middle reef and the wall, I had a new diver with me. I saw Phil and was hoping to catch you Kathy, but no luck. :-(.

Awe, sorry I missed you. I'm really looking forward to saying hi one of these days. I have been diving every day since 12/28 so feeling a little waterlogged took a few days off to drive up to my house in the city and recharge ;-)

Dove Lobos on Sunday after a few days out of the water. Fun! But not so pretty as it was a churning mess but I did catch a glimpse of a harbor seal. Swell on the surface was reasonable. Vis dropped to 1-2 ft around worm mound & maybe 15 out near middle reef. The boat ramp wasn't so fun in doubs but Doc and another diver helped me out. Thanks!

It was good fun to celebrate Kristina's 100th dive with Doc ;-). Kristina looked cute in her pink superwoman cape & pink mask;-).

Swell model looks so/so for the week - so I'm extending my coastal range past Cali & spontaneously jumping a flight to Seattle to meet/dive with some of SB's long hose notables TSandM & NWGreatful ;-). The water is in the mid 40's - Yikes! Another adventure! I can't wait!

Kathy - What a great thread, diving vicariously though your posts!!!

Have a great time in Seattle with Lynne and Bob. You are soooooooooo lucky!!!!!

Ah, to be a Dive Bum during school break again...I can only dream. ;-)

Glad to share some of it with you, you're one of the happiest diver in the water I've seen in awhile! I mean, swinging back and forth in 5 feet viz water and still smiling...come on, that's sick. :)

LOL, Doc, I believed you called it free propulsion?

Back
Top Bottom