Another Extended Dive Bum Vacation: Monterey & the Cali Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have some good dives this weekend everyone! I just looked at the forecast and what the heck is rolling in on Monday?!

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up! Humm, wonder if it will hit Catalina?

1/16 Dove BW today - a slow kick along the wall.

Gentle swell was breaking up to the stairs & lots of OW students rolled around in the surf on surf exit.

It was Erik's second day in doubles so we kept it mellow. A little swell to 35ft then it was calm with about 15ft vis

Dive 1 lasted for 79 minutes to 45ft - a sea lion came down to check us out, lots of nudi's and the regular stuff.

Dive 2- 98 minutes to 38ft & lots of skills pratice. A cute otter plunged down to watch Erik out shooting his SMB and a commarant swam by a few times :).

All this diving & no tank changing! It's amazing how long you can stay underwater with doubles!

IMG_9044.jpg

Last edited:
Good times! We made an attempt at diving the barge today, but didn't find the line leading out there until we gave up and headed back in. That's a LONG surface swim for no barge. :( Half our group managed to hit it on the second try, but I wasn't interested in doing that swim 2x in one day.

The second dive was quite though - we kept fairly shallow on the Metridium side and dove the large rocks pretty much straight out from shore in about 30ft. It was a nice dive, with a seal following us around playing hide and seek for pretty much the whole dive. :)

I did get a chance to try out my new interim lighting solution - Dive Rite LED 700. It's quite bright for the size, makes a more than acceptable primary for night diving, and will make an excellent backup light when I finally decide on a larger canister. it did reasonably well in the sunlight, but definitely doesn't have the punch of the HID can lights I've seen people using.

Good times! We made an attempt at diving the barge today, but didn't find the line leading out there until we gave up and headed back in. That's a LONG surface swim for no barge. :( Half our group managed to hit it on the second try, but I wasn't interested in doing that swim 2x in one day.

The second dive was quite though - we kept fairly shallow on the Metridium side and dove the large rocks pretty much straight out from shore in about 30ft. It was a nice dive, with a seal following us around playing hide and seek for pretty much the whole dive. :)

I did get a chance to try out my new interim lighting solution - Dive Rite LED 700. It's quite bright for the size, makes a more than acceptable primary for night diving, and will make an excellent backup light when I finally decide on a larger canister. it did reasonably well in the sunlight, but definitely doesn't have the punch of the HID can lights I've seen people using.

Sounds like a fun day - sorry I missed you.

About a light: 21W HID's rock!

Oh, are they feeding you scooter crack again, Kathy? Those MoCal folks . . . I think they're all on the Dive X-tras payroll :D

Oh, are they feeding you scooter crack again, Kathy? Those MoCal folks . . . I think they're all on the Dive X-tras payroll :D

:rofl3: Not enough - I'm having scooter withdrawals but totally entertained by the doubles :D!

Heading south for more scooter fun with the So Cal scooter gals this weekend.

Lynne, wish you could come :)!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom