Another Extended Dive Bum Vacation: Monterey & the Cali Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me, too! I'm thoroughly sick of the rain here!

Kathy - What a great thread, diving vicariously though your posts!!!

Have a great time in Seattle with Lynne and Bob. You are soooooooooo lucky!!!!!

Thanks Sam! Hope you make it out here some day soon!!!

Have some good dives this weekend everyone! I just looked at the forecast and what the heck is rolling in on Monday?!

YIKES! Darn nowhere to dive next week - looks like it's all about Wallins Pool diving :).

YIKES! Darn nowhere to dive next week - looks like it's all about Wallins Pool diving :).

If you DO head to the pool, let me know when you're going - I've got a new 7' hose to put on my reg, and maybe you could show me the basics of dealing with it?

If you DO head to the pool, let me know when you're going - I've got a new 7' hose to put on my reg, and maybe you could show me the basics of dealing with it?

Sure, I'd be glad to.

I'll probably hit the pool tomorrow so will PM you my number.

1/17 Did a couple of fun dives at BW today. Headed out with Ben V in doubs . Vis was about 15ft, swell was down.

The storm warning seemed to scare divers out of the water. By afternoon it was raining but the swell had died down & we had BW to ourselves for dive 2 :)

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for a Catalina weekend!

Last edited:
1/15 Dove Lobos today with Kenn and later Erik. Small swell and perhaps 25+ ft vis by HITW. Beautiful day topside!

Dive one - Had a great dive kicking out to Lone Metridium, around HITW and Middle Reef with Kenn in doubles - max depth 70ft, dive time 89 minutes. Sure these huge tanks are pretty heavy and it's lots to get use to but I love the redundancy of carrying two tanks on my back - it feels so reassuring to have the backup :). I also love not having to rush back!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/320064-short-pre-storm-dive-video.html

Weather did not cooperate with my diving plans this week :(. Missed some chances to slip into the water with Kenn & am passing on the sketchy ferry ride to Catalina :(. But when the going gets tough, the tough get creative so while swell pounded the coast I hopped into the pool a couple days for much needed sessions to work out some kinks with the new doubles & am looking forward to some local diving this weekend!

It seems that proper weighting/trim is a complicated subject. I though I was foot heavy, but (Thanks Kenn for showing me I was actually head heavy & compensating!!) just before I started heaping more weight on the top of my rig (which is a common mistake)! Great buddies are a great thing :D!!!

Last edited:
The boats are running, the sky is blue and the sun is out here on Catalina. Now aren't you sorry you canceled your trip here? I didn't think so!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom