Another braided LP hose failed. Phantom from DGX this time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have loads of braided hoses, some Miflex, some not. I'll cut them up in all kinds of ways if that helps. They might as well do somebody good.

I just bought an Aqualung Legend a couple months ago. It comes standard with a braided hose. Don't know who the manufacturer is for the hose, but I wonder how this will hold up...

I have loads of braided hoses, some Miflex, some not. I'll cut them up in all kinds of ways if that helps. They might as well do somebody good.

if you have a MFX marked hose that would be good as I only have one in a length I use so if I cut mine I'm missing a hose. I can do a generic as I have a few. Cheers.

---------- Post added August 6th, 2015 at 11:09 PM ----------

I just bought an Aqualung Legend a couple months ago. It comes standard with a braided hose. Don't know who the manufacturer is for the hose, but I wonder how this will hold up...

It would appear the issue is not brand specific. Although could be date specific in regards to Miflex. I would have thought that if they was the case they would have mentioned that they changed the hoses from X date. Still waiting on word re different markings. I'm also suspicious of the claim that only 10 in 1.5million have failed, I'm not sure anything has such low rates of failure, could of course be wrong, sometimes am.

---------- Post added August 6th, 2015 at 11:11 PM ----------

Post the question over on AL sub forum, I'd be interested where they source their hoses from. I'm guessing generic.

the inner hose is PU, not PVC

dont think anyone would be getting acetone into their lp hoses.
I sincerely hope NOT.
But I was merely responding to someone who was suggesting that the inner tube was made of PVC. And he has the "bare" tube with him.

.... I'm also suspicious of the claim that only 10 in 1.5million have failed, I'm not sure anything has such low rates of failure, could of course be wrong, sometimes am.

Same here. I think if I were to sum up all the braided hose failure mentioned in the last month, there are already close to 10. Again, the key is not something fails. Everything fails eventually. The fact that it fails without any sign is alarming. And just look at the condition of the inner tube, I don't think it is an over night thing. The micro crack must started developing much earlier. My hose has been in used for 4 years. I am not sure at 3 year mark, those micro cracks were not there. Also this LP hose is used for bungee backup on single tank. The crack happened at about 1/3 from the 2nd stage. The hose has NOT been banded in any significant way, definitely not at where the crack is

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom