Another braided LP hose failed. Phantom from DGX this time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but nobody s perfect, especialy cars manufacturers. How many recalls by Toyota, Ford, etc.. for faulty Air bags, fly by wire throttle , ABS brake, etc.. with models of 5 ,10 years old ! With sometimes, accidents and death.. Even Ferrari had problems a few years ago with engines fire. Scuba is a very little market...

True.

read straight thru the thread - interesting, cautionary. i know that dgx (great place, have been doing my shopping there as well including 2 braided hoses this month) is aware of the thread and responded directly to one member - but did dgx have anything to say about the underlying cause of this issue (which i gather is sub-par inner tube), and whether they use the same supplier as they did when op purchased? if so i missed that part.

I'm not sure that they need to comment really. The hose in this thread was 4 years old. The catastrophic failures on the other thread were almost certainly Miflex. The hose they replaced for me was a different brand of non braided that failed from new.

I'm not sure that they need to comment really. The hose in this thread was 4 years old. The catastrophic failures on the other thread were almost certainly Miflex. The hose they replaced for me was a different brand of non braided that failed from new.

thanks.

except they weren't generic...they were Branded Miflex.

Yeah, title is wrong but I can't do much about that. Is it possible to change titles after a thread has begun? I've never figured out how to do it. If it is possible it should be changed as it's misleading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom