Another braided LP hose failed. Phantom from DGX this time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks buddhasummer. ( but my spanish is not my mother language either, i am french
04.gif

So you speak at least three languages, colour me impressed.

Miflex, with AQL specific quality control above standard. AQL recomend buying the flex hose from them for that reason.

It looks to me like they are favoring the producer's risk (the risk of rejecting a good product) over the consumer's risk (the risk of receiving a bad product). Somebody else want to take a look: What is the "AQL", and when it is applicable?

In the example, it looks like they are accepting a lot based on 10 failures in a sample of 200 items as meeting a defect limit of <= to 2.5 %. Consumer risk not addressed, only producer risk.

BTW, I'm sorry for my English also, and it is about all I have to work with.:)

It looks to me like they are favoring the producer's risk (the risk of rejecting a good product) over the consumer's risk (the risk of receiving a bad product). Somebody else want to take a look: What is the "AQL", and when it is applicable?

In the example, it looks like they are accepting a lot based on 10 failures in a sample of 200 items as meeting a defect limit of <= to 2.5 %. Consumer risk not addressed, only producer risk.

BTW, I'm sorry for my English also, and it is about all I have to work with.:)
Just in case, my term AQL stand for Aqualung
icon_biggrin.gif

An update to my post #28. I was contacted by DGX after they saw my post. We exchanged some emails about the failed HP hose of a while back. It appears there may have been some confusion. To cut a long story short DGX agreed to replace the hose on my next order, they also threw in a T-shirt. For the recorded I wasn't trying to call them out just reporting my experience in response to another post. I had actually all but forgotten the issue. Anyway, am both happy and grateful that DGX resolved it the way they did. They have been my, almost exclusive, store for many years and minus this small hiccup have always provided exemplary customer service. Thanks Joyce for giving me the benefit of the doubt and taking the time to reach out and again look into it. Much appreciated.

Really, that was nice. I also emailed them about this thread. I am the OP btw. They send me acknowledgement on Aug 7th, but didn't mention they will replace anything. Well, I don't think it is their fault anyway, wasn't expecting anything

Last edited:
Really, that was nice. I also emailed them about this thread. I am the OP btw. They send me acknowledgement on Aug 7th, but didn't mention they will replace anything. Well, I don't think it is their fault anyway, wasn't expecting anything

Yes, it was nice. Our issues are a little different so am not sure if that changes things. Mine was a failed DuoKev from new.

So I was curious, so I did some further study on this Phantom hose. First, I strip out all the outter layer. It is kevlar like fiber, tightly weaved. There is no glue between this layer and the 2nd "fine nylon" weaved layer. It is quite easy to strip it off.

The 2nd layer is interesting. It is supposed glue tight to the inner tube. It still so for majority of the length EXCEPT for where the hose fail. It is really hard to strip the nylon weave for the still glue together portion. I think this nylon layer while the glue is still intack, is supposed to provide more strength and integrity for the tube. But once the glue breaks down, the inner tube and the nylon separate, the inner tube is subject all stress from banding. Once that happen, I really don't think the tube can last any meaningful period of time.

I am still trying to find a way to strip the nylon layer without damaging the tube to see if micro crack develop there or not. I will keep you guys updated

Photo Aug 08, 10 36 16 PM.jpg

My Miflex that's been baking in the sun has become noticeably stiffer. Not sure if that really means anything except long term exposure to the sun is damaging but we already knew that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom