AngieD and galscuba--Okie Invasion-CSSP 7/16-7/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of the camp sites have campfire rings just for that very thing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Texasguy, I will look for those. Any other suggestions.

The southeast area by the trees is probably the nicest spot topside. Unfortunately its about the worst area to dive. I rarely go to that end because the vis steadily deteriorates as you go south. I have no idea why that is, but it's been that way since the park opened. Right now it's worse than usual with a solid white fog, but that may clear up.

Of course you can simply head north from the step entry if the fog is still there and you'll hit clearer water. That side of the quarry features what we locals call the wall. It's usually a pretty decent dive.

The area by the western docks and further north consistently has the best vis, though. It's also a whole lot more interesting to dive. Just jump off either dock and head north along the vegetation line. I think it would be worth driving your stuff around to check it out.

Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll have fun.

A recommendation... camp on the south side.... meet up with swampers on the north side...
just jump in dive over to the second wooden platform (I believe help me if I'm wrong here guys) and up the hill to the right is were we are...

hey who has the swamper flag??? BESIDES Dee...

tx.lakerats:
hey who has the swamper flag??? BESIDES Dee...

I have the Southern Swamp Divers flag, not sure who has the Northern one.

acb.sized.jpg

LOL....those are nice banners,,,did not even know the group(s) had them!

Seems like Catch22's wife had made one at one time....but I don't know if he still has it or not.

The one made for Gary was his. It has his screen name on it. I have made a couple half hearted attempts to pay her to make one for me.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom