AngieD and galscuba--Okie Invasion-CSSP 7/16-7/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya'll are killing me..................

Shucks.... am not going to make this after all BUT I have to freshly certified OW students who will be joining you guys (Steve & Debra) take it easy on them !!!

I picked up a package of hot dogs, a package of buns and a bottle of mustard today. I trust you guys are still bringing some grills, because I don't have any charcoal or lighter fluid for the grills that are already there.

I've got most of my gear loaded in my car (except for a few incidentals), and I'll be ready to go in the morning. See you in the water! :diver:

As it worked out I will be at the lake today also,,,,,will try to stop and say HI....working an O/W class

AngieD, galscuba and freshwaterdiver made it to CSSP just fine and dove with me, TruckDiver, kevreid and texdiveguy shortly after they got there. TruckDiver, kevreid and I did a 55-minute dive (TruckDiver stretched it to an hour) before the others showed up. After all the proper introductions, we geared up and headed north along the wall, to the plane and back along the wall before heading in, a good 49-50 minute dive. Viz was about 10-15 feet, and our newbies were ecstatic about the sites and viz, especially getting to see one of the albino catfish. I got down to 42 feet on the dive and the temps dropped to 71F. TruckDiver did a fantastic job of leading the way and making sure everyone stayed together (he will make an excellent divemaster someday). All in all, it was a very nice dive and it was terrific to get to meet AngieD, galscuba and freshwaterdiver and dive with them. They're all three new members of the Texas Swamp Divers (AngieD and galscuba as honorary members, and freshwater diver as a new member of the Austin area). I had to leave after my second dive (and after getting eaten up by fire ants :11: ), but the others were planning another dive, so info on that will be forthcoming. I'm pretty sure we'll be diving with them a lot more in the future.

Sounds like a grand time was had by all!

Was fun meeting and diving with our new Swampers!!

It was so great meeting all of you guys! We absolutely loved CSSP and cannot wait to return. We hope to see you guys there again. Our dives were great. We managed to get 5 in between the rain and the short stay that we had there. Our "Wonderful Scuba Tour Guide" did a great job of hitting all the highlights for us and navigating us around CSSP. In addition, the camping was wonderful. Thanks to all the swampers who were very hospitable to us!! We hope to see you in Oklahoma sometime and we can return the favor. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom