An aside to the Twin Rocks coral vandalism incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish are difficult to photo because they are always camouflaged with the surroundings - can't get the good contrast. at least i've had a hard time with them.

clgsamson:
I got it today from the other forum...Diversions

could you provide a link, or some details on where your source got this story from. i think this should be confirmed first.

also, i think it's terrible business for the dive resorts because the DMs know those frogfish and try to show them to every group they take to these sites. i know some resorts (asia divers when i was there) don't even let the divers feed the fish because they claim it hurts the ecosystem - makes the fish dependent.

then there are the coral killers: divers who dive vertical with poor buoyancy control and zreo awareness of where their fins are until contact... and i saw some trash (plastic bags) down at the reefs as well - always made a point to collect for proper disposal.

Diversions is a local email group.... As with some of the enforement issues this too is delicate.. A few years ago the Capt of the Bantay Dagat (Volunteer marine patrol) was gunned down and till this day I don;t think anyone has been caught.

We have a hard enough time with our own citizens damaging the marine ecosystems in the Philippines. We can enforce the law on our own citizens....if a Kano does it they need to pay! .......and the organization they are diving with must be made to pay! This behavior must not be tolerated. I don't care what nationality they are (though Koreans seem to be a more careless) we need to make it known that we (the diving community of the Philippines) will not tolerate these abuses. This whole thing makes me so darn mad!!!

pakman:
edit: Larry I love your new signature! RFLOL... "I can’t hear you. I have a banana in my ear" Took me awhile to figure it out.

OK Pakman - vescere bracis meis!

And try my new (temporary) sig - just for you...

:14:

LOL... christ, I can't remember my prep school latin!!! thank god for google...

good paying latin job eh? where do I send my CV?

Back
Top Bottom