An aside to the Twin Rocks coral vandalism incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
It seems that this diver was involved in a photo contest and was very
competitive. Therefore, he destroyed his subject so that no one else
could take a photo of it.

:11: Run Chip Run!!!!

:lol:

greatwolf:
This is sickening. To think that I haven't fished since I took up diving and here's a diver who goes out to purposely slaughter fish so that no one else can take a photo is terribly insane.

The wife laughs at me because I won't eat certain type of fish (Un sustainable fisheries).

She says I'm like her Sabungero (cockfight enthusiasts) brothers being picky about eating chicken.

As we see and hear of these incidents we need to pass this information to the PCSSD. Operators can be held liable for damage to the environment. This is a prosecutable offense.

Babydamulag:
As we see and hear of these incidents we need to pass this information to the PCSSD. Operators can be held liable for damage to the environment. This is a prosecutable offense.

i already contacted some of them. i totally agree with uou, operators should be held liable for the damages done by tehir divers. this will hopefully translate on sticter protocols and measures to ensure more disciplined behavior of divers.

Does the PCSSD really have any ability to prosecute?

They are the ones that tell me it is illegal to spearfish while on scuba but there is no law on that yet.

Anybody have the real info on the PCSSD?

HOLY COW!! HE KILLED IT FOR NO GOOD REASON!.:11:..:bawling:....I hope that what goes around comes around applies to this jerk.....

http://www.tanggol.org/environmental_laws/ra8550.html

As with any Cabinet Members, Secretary, or Special Staff of any administration the word of the Secretary is gospel. The PCSSD's charter regulates our industry within the auspices of established Philippine law. Laws of land , regardless of origin, are laws. This particular violation should be reported to the PCSSD and through the DAR and DENR. The municipality can refer this crime to the PCSSD for prosecution through federal means at the Federal DENR level or even provincial. BOTTOMLINE - The PCSSD regulates our trade and if one our own is violating the law they (PCSSD) can rectify the problem.

justleesa:
HOLY COW!! HE KILLED IT FOR NO GOOD REASON!.:11:..:bawling:....I hope that what goes around comes around applies to this jerk.....

he killed it becasue he was not confident enough with his photo abilities. not to mention the callous disregard of our marine treasures and blatant lack of respect of our natural resources. what a jerk indeed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom