An aside to the Twin Rocks coral vandalism incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thepurplehammerhead:
12-14 in 8 dives in PG last week - just head to the wrecks. I'll try and download a couple of pics for Mr Partridge tomorrow.

Cheers,

that much in Pg? wow never knew they were that abundant there.

partridge:
You know I have never seen a frog fish. Was hoping to see one last December in Cebu but had to do different dives.
I haven't either. My cousin spotted a couple in galera. That syokoy can spot the critters and he just got certified.

It all comes down to the right guide. They tend to be very territorial, so generally, you know they are there - it's just a case of poking around until you find them. It's a safe bet that I can find at least one on each wreck, and quite often even a juvenile in the area if I spend the time.

What is the legal penalty for this violation? Is there a fine? Maybe as part of the dive briefing, the dive guide should remind his guests about the penalty to discourage such actions even before the dive starts.

Or maybe we should work undercover. Lets join a K dive and document (take pictures of) their careless dive practices- then turn off their tanks--then we report the dive op to the PCSSD.

Just a thought. This feeling of helplessness is just sickening.

Cathy

Last May, we saw two frogfish on sabang wreck.

Frog_Fish.jpg

and this pitch black one...
Black_Frog_Fish.jpg

Disclaimer: no frog fish were hurt in the making of these shots... but I did pull the mask off the next photographer behind me...:D

edit: Larry I love your new signature! RFLOL... "I can’t hear you. I have a banana in my ear" Took me awhile to figure it out.

Sorry, what did you say?

Ben_ca:
:11: Run Chip Run!!!!

:lol:
haha! lol!

Don't worry Ben, I'll be crouched and ready so if any knife comes my way they won't know what hit them...

roundhousekick22si.gif

:)

clgsamson:
found one white frog fish on top of sepok wall hiding in the soft corals. Difficult to shoot, i'll post tonight or tomorrow...

seen a couple in sepok as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom