Am I the only one that dives with 2 computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every time I ever reboarded the M/V Spree or M/V Fling during a recreational dive trip. That, along with bunk number, is exactly the form of the required report and what they record.

Have never dove those liveaboards so can't really comment, are you sure they aren't asking/marking it down for max depth and total dive time and you're just short handing it as 115ft for 63min?

Every time I ever reboarded the M/V Spree or M/V Fling during a recreational dive trip. That, along with bunk number, is exactly the form of the required report and what they record.

You were on a RECREATIONAL trip. Therefore non-deco dive expected.
However, if someone had said 115' for 63mins without anything else. My question would be: how long is the deco and what deco mixes did you use etc etc.

On the 2 live aboards I have been on when you got out of the water you gave your max depth and dive time. I usually just pushed the button on my computer to display max depth and dive time. No problem.

I'm curious. I've never done a live-aboard. Giving them your max depth and dive time, is this a standard practice or is this just done by some operators? What do they do with that info?

I'm curious. I've never done a live-aboard. Giving them your max depth and dive time, is this a standard practice or is this just done by some operators? What do they do with that info?
max depth and remaining gas are SOP for all 3 caribbean liveaboards i use. they do not ask for time as they noted when you went in and came out.

i believe they use the remaining gas info to spot air hogs so that they can make sure any group dives get back near the boat soon enough. they definitely watch and baby sit some divers.

Have never dove those liveaboards so can't really comment, are you sure they aren't asking/marking it down for max depth and total dive time and you're just short handing it as 115ft for 63min?

??? What would be the "long hand" answer to that question on a recreational dive trip (no deco and 130 max depth limit)?

---------- Post added September 10th, 2015 at 09:21 AM ----------

You were on a RECREATIONAL trip. Therefore non-deco dive expected.
However, if someone had said 115' for 63mins without anything else. My question would be: how long is the deco and what deco mixes did you use etc etc.

What else do you think they should say on a recreational dive trip (no planned deco permitted).

This is on Basic Scuba Discussions so Recreational dive and no deco is expected:pretty easy and straight forward1. Ascend with the buddy slowly and complete the mandatory safety stop.2. Ascend to the shallow ~12m and slowly work yourself up to the surface together with your buddy.However91' ~ 27m69' ~ 21mSpending 32mins between these two depths and with two sub 30m dives completed. The diver should well be on deco already.
Please note: We always dive nitrox, especially on a live-aboard. We may choose a lighter mix for deeper dives.

max depth and remaining gas are SOP for all 3 caribbean liveaboards i use. they do not ask for time as they noted when you went in and came out.

i believe they use the remaining gas info to spot air hogs so that they can make sure any group dives get back near the boat soon enough. they definitely watch and baby sit some divers.

The only remaining gas requirement on the Fling and the Spree is that the diver must be able to take one more full breath after re-boarding. They encourage good safety stops over carrying a large supply of gas back aboard.

??? What would be the "long hand" answer to that question on a recreational dive trip (no deco and 130 max depth limit)?

---------- Post added September 10th, 2015 at 09:21 AM ----------

What else do you think they should say on a recreational dive trip (no planned deco permitted).

My max depth was 115ft and total dive time was 63 min would be the long hand.

You could even say something like dove to 115ft and dive time was 63min and I wouldn't make any assumptions on deco or what average depth was, but when you say "115ft for 63min" that can mean only one thing.

My max depth was 115ft and total dive time was 63 min would be the long hand.

You could even say something like dove to 115ft and dive time was 63min and I wouldn't make any assumptions on deco or what average depth was, but when you say "115ft for 63min" that can mean only one thing.

Now I understand.:D

They were not really looking for a lot of conversation as they were trying to re-board 25+/- divers. Just "bunk 16, 97 ft, 58 minutes" and get out of the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom