Am I the only one that dives with 2 computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as those are all clearly decompression dives, you should have been logging or at least marking those dives during your SIT, and then you pull out a phone with pastodeco on it and run the next dive plan. According to your profile you have over 5k dives and have been at it since 1973. The answer to your question is what did you do between 1973 and 2003 before we had computers with reliable deco planning?

They would be decompression dives if run as a square profile and using the provided dive times as bottom time. In fact, dives with those maximum depths and dive times are somewhat common recreational dives.

Well, your professionalism is glowing:shakehead:!

This is my last post, because I'm bordering on not following the rules of this channel.

But which is more professional? To point out a blatant absence of knowledge in an area, or to ignore it?
I think I got you beat on professionalism simply by the fact that I know how to continue diving and you don't. After-all, my profession IS KNOWING HOW TO OVERCOME A DEAD COMPUTER.

This is my last post in this thread. You may continue to argue among yourselves. :D :D :D

They would be decompression dives if run as a square profile and using the provided dive times as bottom time. In fact, dives with those maximum depths and dive times are somewhat common recreational dives.
agreed.
these are actually very common recreational dive profiles in places where you have sloping shore terrain. i do them all the time. i consider them normal profiles. a square profile would be abnormal for me.

some places dictate a square profile. some places do not.

I am a new and I dive with two, every dive. The arguing on this thread is rediculous.

as those are all clearly decompression dives, you should have been logging or at least marking those dives during your SIT, and then you pull out a phone with pastodeco on it and run the next dive plan. According to your profile you have over 5k dives and have been at it since 1973. The answer to your question is what did you do between 1973 and 2003 before we had computers with reliable deco planning?

You don't get it. These don't need to be decompression dives if done with a computer

You don't get it. These don't need to be decompression dives if done with a computer

The wording of the post and the lack of the words "max depth" clearly indicate that those were deco dives. If you were talking to another tech diver and used that wording, you would absolutely be talking about deco dives. When have you ever used the word "115ft for 63 min" (or whatever the examples were, I am not going back to get them exactly) and not been talking about a deco dive. I think beaverdivers wasn't paying attention when he made the example and was just throwing random numbers out there. To try to defend him with "well that doesn't have the be a tech dive...." is foolish

Superlyte shares some of the blame for escalating the situation by calling beaverdiver's professionalism into question, but I'm disappointed to see a scuba professional give such a blatantly poor example and basically say...do whatever the screen tells you

The wording of the post and the lack of the words "max depth" clearly indicate that those were deco dives.

... to a tech diver. This thread was explicit right off the bat in in being about Rec dives. Leaving out "max" on the depth didn't automatically mean "deco dives" to me....

Reactions: BRT
I was diving a data max pro plus 2.1 and a luna together for a couple years. Sold the data max for almost what I payed for it

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

The wording of the post and the lack of the words "max depth" clearly indicate that those were deco dives. If you were talking to another tech diver and used that wording, you would absolutely be talking about deco dives. When have you ever used the word "115ft for 63 min" (or whatever the examples were, I am not going back to get them exactly) and not been talking about a deco dive. I think beaverdivers wasn't paying attention when he made the example and was just throwing random numbers out there. To try to defend him with "well that doesn't have the be a tech dive...." is foolish

Superlyte shares some of the blame for escalating the situation by calling beaverdiver's professionalism into question, but I'm disappointed to see a scuba professional give such a blatantly poor example and basically say...do whatever the screen tells you

Every time I ever reboarded the M/V Spree or M/V Fling during a recreational dive trip. That, along with bunk number, is exactly the form of the required report and what they record.

Reactions: BRT
Let's zoom ahead to reality:

You are diving a remote destination having the time of your life. Halfway through your trip at the best dive sites, your only dive computer fails in the middle of dive #3. Your 1st dive of the day was 114' for 63 minutes, 2nd dive 103' for 62 minutes, then on the 3rd dive of 91' your computer fails at 32 minutes at 69'.
What are you going to do?
This is on Basic Scuba Discussions so Recreational dive and no deco is expected:
Pretty easy and straight forward
1. Ascend with the buddy slowly and complete the mandatory safety stop.
2. Ascend to the shallow ~12m and slowly work yourself up to the surface together with your buddy.

However
91' ~ 27m
69' ~ 21m
Spending 32mins between these two depths and with two sub 30m dives completed. The diver should well be on deco already.

Back
Top Bottom