Am i missing something--question for caveseeker7 and other RB gurus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeR:
....in the end it wont matter what's on your back if your training sux.
I absolutely agree with that statement.
The best rig doesn't do any good if the diver can't use it safely.
Can't be said often enough.

In the regards to the greatness of rigs we'll probably disagree,
which is both fine and doesn't really matter, anyway.

Some rigs have problems, and while a well trained and proficient diver
certainly can solve them safely why risk them in the first place if they
can be avoided. Even if the risk is low, or a probable "sooner or later"
hasn't occured yet I rather not be first to get bitten in the a$$ by it.

Stefan

Hey Hoopa, I forgot to mention another point in the Prism's favor. It can be carried on an airplane in a small shoulder bag(the small Eagle Creek duffel works best). I put the cylinders and cowling in my checked bag. I've travelled with my unit this way all the way to Papua New Guinea twice and a several more places in the Carribbean and Baja, with no problems. And I still had enough room to bring 2 pails of absorbant, 1 in each checked bag.

Hi SR
I caught up with Gordon and Kim the other day out here, was that you on the trip to PNG with all the Sport Kiss's ?

Cheers
Chris

silent running:
Hi Chris, yes that was me on the PNG trip with Kim and Gordon.-Andy

Hi Andy
Gordon gave you and your unit a great wrap during his talks in Australia. I think his quote was "And he just dived the hell out of that thing"

Our PRISM's arrive end of next month, once I get some hours up I would be very keen to join you on a PNG trip.

Cheers
Chris

Hello Chris, it was a real pleasure to dive with Gordon, Kerry and all the other ccr divers. I learned a lot. It definitely provided for more frequent and closer interaction with the wild life than other trips I've taken with oc divers. Glad to hear about a fellow Prism diver in close proximity to my favorite dive destination...PNG. I'm looking at a trip to northern PNG on the Goldendawn sometime next year. email- abhawkins42865@yahoo.com

Thanks Andy
Will make sure we keep in touch. We have 10 PRISM's arriving in Australia end on next month, I think Pete is coming down to do the training in March, might have to get a group together and meet you up on PNG.

Cheers
Chris

One point for the newbies to rebreathers. The duration of the scrubber is highly temperature dependant. In Belize I routinely get 5 hours on an Inspiration, and have gone to 7 once (by mistake!) with no ill effects. Yet no-one I know in the UK will push theirs beyond 3 hours, however tight their budgets.

Back
Top Bottom