Air2 AND octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My advice to anyone thinking about getting an AIR2 for their set-up is do it. Just make sure you understand how it operates, like you would with any piece of gear, and make sure your buddy knows that if he/she needs air from you, you will hand them your primary and you will go to your AIR2. It's proven over the years to be a safe and reliable piece of scuba gear.

To elaborate further on @BDSC's excellent point, I suggest that during a relatively boring uneventful dive when there's not much to look at, you swap regulators and swim for a bit while breathing off the Air2. You'll probably find that you need to hold it a bit more firmly between your teeth you might even need to hold it with one hand. It will pull a bit due to the resistance of the hoses, and it may not breathe as easily because it's probably detuned to avoid freeflow - but you'll manage. You might even find you want to make a few adjustments to your rig, such as swapping out the corrugated hose or getting a longer low pressure inflator hose; maybe just something as simple as freeing up the inflator system if it's attached using a retractor or velcro straps, that sort of thing. And yes, to repeat, during your pre-dive check, let your buddy know that in an OOA emergency he can grab your primary (right out of your mouth without warning if absolutely necessary) because you'll be grabbing your alternate on your BCD.

Am I right sheep diver?
Your constant mindless insults hurled at others in this thread is tiresome and even infuriating. It detracts from your point of view, because the people who rely on such insults usually do so because they have no intelligent argument to use instead.

As a PADI instructor, for both recreational and technical diving, I especially resent your derogatory and completely inaccurate insults regarding that agency's instructional practices. Once again, you use mindless insults as a substitute for intelligent commentary.

Last edited:
Tech divers do not use Air 2's because
  1. they want their alternate to be of the same quality as the primary
  2. they do not want pull dumps because of their potential for failure.

Not understanding the connection between Air2 and pull dumps. They're not related, as far as I know.

We can agree to disagree about certain things but as long as we are joking in the thread and don’t get too serious, it makes SB a better community :)

Am I right sheep diver?

I'm not able to agree with anything you've posted on this thread other than the strikingly accurate comparison between me and a domestic farm animal. If you're joking, you might want to clarify because less experienced divers might take your ridiculous posts seriously and that would be unfortunate.

Last edited:
Not understanding the connection between Air2 and pull dumps. They're not related, as far as I know.
People who use Air 2's frequently use pull dumps to deflate the BCD as they ascend with the Air 2 in their mouths.

Your constant mindless insults hurled at others in this thread is tiresome and even infuriating. It detracts from your point of view, because the people who rely on such insults usually do so because they have no intelligent argument to use instead.

As a PADI instructor, for both recreational and technical diving, I especially resent your derogatory and completely inaccurate insults regarding that agency's instructional practices. Once again, you use mindless insults as a substitute for intelligent commentary.
I’m not insulting I’m joking. Relieve the tension a bit.

I have no idea who CaveDiverHarry is, but in researching this topic, I found this article to be interesting.

"Think before you call something dangerous"

Kind of like tossing kerosene on a fire to put it out.
All you USA folks should get on the UK forums, they are a lot better fun I have to say because whatever people say, they take it without being such a p%ssy and crying hahahaha.

Don’t get offended in life, it’s not good way to be.

Back
Top Bottom