Air integrated computers w/ transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

interesting location :D
so you will know your pressure when done ?

Incase of failure before the dive. If my current computer (air integrated, but not wireless) fails during a dive, then I would thumb the dive. I am not going to connect my computer, and a set of analog gauges.

I just sold my atmos ai, so now going to do the wireless thing. I will keep a backup spg attached as both my regulators have 2 HP ports.

Most of the problems about lost connections came from the early Suuntos. They were not permantaly paired. If the signal dropped for a second, you would have to reconnect which meant being on the surface.
Then newer Suuntos have a constant pairing which means even if the signal drops for a second, it will imediatly reconnect and you will probably never know anything about it.
I bypassed all the faf and got a Luna. NEVER had a problem with connections. The batteries in the transmittor have lasted two years and the computer battery is still on full after two years. No connection issues. Just put the computer on my wrist and turn jump in. The computer turns on and the pressure shows in a few seconds.

Old timers have dived and lived before the advent of the SPG.

Sure but anno 2012 it would be epically failing to even suggest something like that. They did that because they had to and as soon as the first SPG's hit the market they stopped because they knew it was stupid.

Don't forget that the "old timers" also used regs that could have been made from used bicycle parts and were so poorly balanced that they gave lots of warning when the tank pressure was getting low. The best modern regs work perfectly until your last breath.

Just saying.

R..

Sure but anno 2012 it would be epically failing to even suggest something like that. They did that because they had to and as soon as the first SPG's hit the market they stopped because they knew it was stupid.

Don't forget that the "old timers" also used regs that could have been made from used bicycle parts and were so poorly balanced that they gave lots of warning when the tank pressure was getting low. The best modern regs work perfectly until your last breath.

Just saying.

R..
Wow, i guess that makes me one of those "old timers"... In my early days of diving, I could pretty well tell how much air was in the tank from how hard it was to breathe. And there was always the reserve lever (unless it had been tripped by accident).

Ron

Hundreds of dives with my Oceanic VT-3 wireless setup. Works just fine and I DON'T have an analog backup.

-Charles

Just saying.

R..

Since that you've been around, then you'd know that just because the computer or the SPG stopped working, it doesn't mean you're gonna die. Just terminate the dive and surface. Of course we're talking about rec diving here.

Let's say that I use a wireless air integrated computer and something went kaput either with the computer or the transmitter. What good is an installed backup SPG going to do for me? My computer is kaput. Should I keep on diving just because I have a backup SPG to show me gas pressure? What good is backup gas pressure display if I don't have a backup timing device and a backup depth gauge?

---------- Post Merged at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Of course there's the option of diving with a backup of everything: Backup computer (or bottom timer/wrist watch), backup SPG, backup depth gauge, backup compasses, spare mask, pony bottle with gauges (perhaps backup to those gauges).

Since that you've been around, then you'd know that just because the computer or the SPG stopped working, it doesn't mean you're gonna die. Just terminate the dive and surface. Of course we're talking about rec diving here.

Agreed. I think I misinterpreted what you meant the first time around.

R..

Back
Top Bottom