Air Fill Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you guys considered that a wireless connection might compress the download therefor possibly changing the O2 content? I'm not tryin to put a wrinkle in your plan, it was just a thought (and by the way yes it did hurt).

Hey Paul,

No problem as long as we remember to unzip the air file before sending it down to Bill. That way we don't have a double compression on the air.

btw we should standardize the file extensions:

examples
.air for air
.p32 for EAN32

Hey, if we can compress the air files this efficiently, then is it theoretically possible to use a PDA as a spare air?

:D

You guys!
I have created a monster! This thing is outta control now! Ha!

We might need a new thread for that one.

btw, since this is a thread about air fills, can I get some extra nitrogen in my air fill?

Hey, if we can compress the air files this efficiently, then is it theoretically possible to use a PDA as a spare air?

:D

I don't know why not but to get even smaller how bout a thumb drive? If it worked right we could have em made to look like a cylinder, just add a USB port to the second stage and plug it in. :wink:

If we are going to do that, I want my air / USB supply to have some intelligence to it. You know, dynamically, real-time adjust the O2 / N2 / He mix so that I am always breathing an optimized PP02 mix for whatever depth I happen to be at. :D

If we are going to do that, I want my air / USB supply to have some intelligence to it. You know, dynamically, real-time adjust the O2 / N2 / He mix so that I am always breathing an optimized PP02 mix for whatever depth I happen to be at. :D

Could be done with a MC and a little bit of programming check out using an arduino. The only hard part would be raising the voltage of the output to have enough juice to pump the right mixture, but it will easily interface with a usb drive.

Back
Top Bottom