Air Fill Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can find cheap air fills on the internet?

Check out scubaholic.org

Go to the bottom right hand corner of the page, there you will find the online tank fills. Looks like you have to have at least DSL service, though

Not sure there is such a thing as cheap air other than LDS air, the cost of buying, running, and maintaining a compressor is very high in terms of the cost of air. (assuming a fill is still $5).

Don't want to offend anyone, but I personally would not invest that much money into splash lubricated compressor.

I'd get an old bauer or something and rebuild it first.

No offense taken. I still have a number of local shops that pump air at a reasonable cost so I have not done any serious research into my own compressor. But, should the local shops disappear, I just don't see it as a threat to my diving activities. With 3 local shops right now, I'd guess they are supporting well over 1000 divers. I don't see all these divers taking up golf just because some shops might disappear.

I really think the loss of shops would lead to the establishment of rather sizable clubs that could do a great job of providing gas, training, and other services that are not available online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom