Ah the insane procedures involved in returning home...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
I understand your frustration, but knowing this behooves you to look at your connection time in Houston on your return flight and if you can, allow for more time than you would for a domestic connection. The airline websites do not take this into consideration, nor will a lot of travel agents.

This is a point that needs to be taken seriously. We *almost* missed our connection flight, because of a looooong line for customs. Wound up being the last ones on the plane and they closed the door behind us. YIKES!

DandyDon:
many at the hotel envied us having our own 12 cup coffee maker & real cups, it was handy having breakfast rolls, after dive cookies, trail mix,
:wink:

You are not the only one with that stuff. A family around the corner from me at my hotel had that stuff too...

Ron

Ron Brandt:
You are not the only one with that stuff. A family around the corner from me at my hotel had that stuff too...

Ron
We had a ground floor room, and we'd sit outside drinking coffee from real glass cups in the morning before the cafe opened. Lots of envy. :D Left the $10 coffee maker and the cups with a cute desk clerk.

CheddarChick:
Don & JJ wow baby....That is a face only a mother could love...

I'm curious which one you're referring to. lol!

Don, I walked up to Matt that morning with the "costume" and he had no clue who I was...despite spending the entire day with him at the Cenote's with you and Jerry. Funny!

jjwdiver:
I'm curious which one you're referring to. lol!

Don, I walked up to Matt that morning with the "costume" and he had no clue who I was...despite spending the entire day with him at the Cenote's with you and Jerry. Funny!

I aint often right but I've never been wrong, it seldom turns out like it does in the song.

Ah yes, yet another Deadhead... Matt gave me a CD set from a really good show when I was there in May, and I sent him one by way of Jeanie.

I take the fifth amendment...At least Don lost the plaid cabdriver hat.....

CheddarChick:
I take the fifth amendment...At least Don lost the plaid cabdriver hat.....
Hey, I got that Tam fair and square after kissing the Blarney Stone.

At least I never posed nude for a statue. :11:

But you do look great...!

Hey Don,

Not sure what was blowing your skirt up in Coz?:D :D

In Denver, they weighed my Carry-on. I sat in a curb side check-in for 20 minutes only to be told I had to check in elsewhere internationally. I spent close to 45 minutes in the security check-in (I should have gone to a different check-in, but did not know that at the time). I arrived at the airport at 8:20, and barely made it on a 10:30 filght!

I found the security process at Coz rather painless compared to the states even if they made me move 1 lbs of weight from my check-in to carry on... Go Figure, my Check-in bags where 49 and 51 lbs. They actually made me move the lbs!

In any event, it's all good! :D

ggunn:
Ah yes, yet another Deadhead... Matt gave me a CD set from a really good show when I was there in May, and I sent him one by way of Jeanie.

Funny, during the cenote dive I was humming a tune and Matt turned around and looked at me. Later between dives I did the same and he said he thought it was a Dead tune I was humming while diving. Ripple!

DandyDon:
it was handy having breakfast rolls, after dive cookies, trail mix,

Don't your breakfast rolls from Texas get a bit stale after a while? :eyebrow:

I couldn't finish all the cookies Jeremy gave us on the boat, and since it's very impolite to put a half-eaten package back :shakehead , I'd just throw the rest in my dive bag for a snack on my way home. Trail mix - well, I spent $2 at the grocery store for almonds and dried fruit instead of hauling food from home. I have to say - dried fruit you buy at the groceries in Coz is far superior to what I can get here at home - it's a whole lot "moister". Now THAT is a great after dive (or between dive) snack. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom