Aeromexico reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spend your last night on the mainland. Courtyard Marriott and Comfort Inn are close to the Cancun airport and provide free shuttles to the airport.

My flight out of Cancun was at 1PM. I had booked a room in Playa a block from the bus station for $41. Monday after diving I rinsed my stuff off and let it dry good enough checked out early and took the ferry over.
Bought my bus ticket just after 7 AM for the 9:25 bus. The bus station was almost empty. When I went back after 9 the line to buy tickets was out the door.
Hotel Caribe Hacienda in Playa was a decent hotel for a one night stay.

Spend your last night on the mainland. Courtyard Marriott and Comfort Inn are close to the Cancun airport and provide free shuttles to the airport.

That's probably a good idea. And I get more sleep that way, lol. it's only $60 at comfort inn that night.

Note how Streydog got his ADO bus to the airport early. I always get mine a day or so ahead on Cozumel so I do not have to stand in line in Playa del Carmen.

I have also stayed at Courtyard Marriott.

There are reported decent hotels near the downtown ADO bus station in Cancun if those logistics work for you.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and booked with Aeromexico to Cancun. overnight flight that gets in at 4:09am. So, I will have to wait a while for the ADO bus. Booked a room at Comfort Inn at the Cancun airport for the last night.

There used to be a shared shuttle van that went south. See if that is running. It may cost double the price of the ADO bus.

There used to be a shared shuttle van that went south. See if that is running. It may cost double the price of the ADO bus.
on the airport website it said there were shuttle vans that run 24/7 and they leave every 20 minutes, $25. The ADO is only 10 but only operates certain hours and not as often. So, extra $15 but probably worth it.

Lots of great ideas here. Reflecting back I should have booked my last night in Playa, but at least my flight out of Cancun does not leave until 5pm. I am not sure when I would be arriving in Playa from COZ on the ferry, so I was not going to buy my ADO ahead of time. My guess is around 1130-12noon on a Thursday. Do the buses fill up for these times and does the line for the tickets really take that long? If so, can someone suggest where I might buy the tickets in Coz say the afternoon before on a Wed.

Aeromexico has a great upgrade to premier class. You will get an email with an offer to bid in $us to upgrade. I bid $35 for Cancun to Mexico city and $25 Mex to Manzanillo. First leg was well worth it, 2nd was 1:15 so not really.

Aeromexico has a great upgrade to premier class. You will get an email with an offer to bid in $us to upgrade. I bid $35 for Cancun to Mexico city and $25 Mex to Manzanillo. First leg was well worth it, 2nd was 1:15 so not really.

My trip is: Houston to Mexico City 6:30 PM to 9:00 pm. then Mexico City from 1:45 am to 4:09 am. I imagine the second leg will not be many on it, so maybe I could get a low bid in, lol. I'll look for that email. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom