Aeromexico reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found a round trip flight from Houston to Cancun for $154 on Aeromexico. Would save me about $325 from flying straight to Coz from Dallas on Sun Country. Would have to drive to Houston, but that wouldn't be to bad. will have to pay for parking either way, and parking is cheaper in Houston also. Probably makes it worth it to try the bag drag this time. What experience do you have with Aeromexico? Are they on time? No cancellations? Safe? etc?

it might be a partner flight on a delta plane. Check the flight details.

I have never flown them but have only read good things about them. From Dallas I have seen great fares with them but they involve long layovers in Mexico City. Sorry had to look where Keene was on a Map, Texas is a big state and have never heard of Keene. Even with a direct flight from Houston to Cancun you are talking about a very long travel day. Last Friday I landed in Cancun at 10 AM and didn't make it to the Island until 2 PM: crowded airport, got to Playa just as the ferry was leaving..... I live 10 minutes from DFW and thought that was along travel day. If you are flexible on your dates look at different days of the week Sun Country flies on, weekdays are much cheaper than week ends. My last trip was $208 to CUN on AA but looking back on it now an extra $200 or so would have been worth it to me to fly direct to Cozumel.
I know airport parking is expensive, I live close so have been just using Uber but I have considered parking at a Dart lot close to the airport and taking the Dart Rail in, wouldn't do that without comprehensive.

Aeromexico is a very good airline. Bag drag is not that bad.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Diver

I've only flown Aeromexico once, many (7 or 8) years ago - I found a great fare from DFW into Cozumel, with layovers in Mexico City. No complaints at all about the airline, the flights were right on time, no lost baggage, friendly service. But, in retrospect, I regretted not paying the $200+ extra to avoid the Immigrations and Customs at the Mexico City Airport plus the 3+ hours in Mexico City each way.

If I can save $200 on airfare, I'll gladly do the Cancun-Cozumel Bag Drag. My price for doing long boring layovers in Mexico City is higher than that.

Regarding Airport parking -there are several small hotels in the area of DFW, on both the North and South Entries, that let you park in their parking lots for $5 a day, and all have shuttles to and from DFW. Much cheaper than the Airport parking. And, if I recall correctly (it's been a couple of years), there is at least one hotel convenient to Houston Intercontinental that allows free parking if you stay one night with them. I got a much better fare direct into Coz from Houston than Dallas, morning departure, so I drove down the night before, stayed overnight (I don't remember the hotel - Hilton Garden? Ramada? Who knows), and left my car there for the one week trip to Cozumel, paying only for the one-night stay. If you have a long drive to Houston, consider driving in the night before the flight and staying at a place that lets you park for a week or so for free.

If I happen to miss my flight back to the U.S. out of Cancun, how good are they about rebooking you and getting you home?

Last edited:
Why would you miss your flight back to the USA? Do they have later flights?

Why would you miss your flight back to the USA? Do they have later flights?
I think I would make it fine, but I have read some stories about construction, wrecks, etc., that happen between PDC and Cancun that have caused people to take longer than planned and miss flights. My flight would leave at 10:30 AM which I think gives me enough time (4.5 hours if I catch the first ferry at 6:00 am) under normal conditions. Later flights are available but they arrive home the following day or are way more expensive, negating the benefit of flying into Cancun at all.

So, I was just curious how much hassle and how much money it was going to cost me if I was delayed for some reason. Some airlines are easier to deal with than others in cases like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom