advanced kicks with splits...the video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's about the best I can do in the SP Splits on a backkick.

Now try it with a 1 foot per 30 second (in other words, almost zero) current. Oops - you're still going forward :)

I can do better than that with the frog, but the back kick is about the best I was able to do, in about the same way, and it just doesn't work.

Now I'm not going to claim that I'm any good backing up even in paddles (IDI power fins) - I'm not. But at least I can do it and get more than five feet back in a minute or so :)

Birdman once bubbled...
I have to own up to the real motivation for doing it being to make 10 bucks
Next time you are up here I'll not only take you diving I'll buy you a lunch special at Hunan Palace... but you only get to use one chop stick.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Next time you are up here I'll not only take you diving I'll buy you a lunch special at Hunan Palace... but you only get to use one chop stick.

Okay Uncle Pug, you're on, but no noodles with the dive :wink: .

so obviously I'm wading in here late, but I have a few comments...

Birdman - My kudos to you sir. You are to be congratulated for having the gonads to post video of yourself.

For what it's worth - the "Boogie711" challenge was directed to CincyBengalsFan, and not anyone in particular. However, I don't want anyone to accuse me of welching out on a particular challenge. I'll tell you what - you appoint 3 judges, I'll appoint 3 judges, and they can vote on it. :D

I'll appoint Ferrara, Detroit Diver and Uncle Pug. For the record, my original post (found here ) does say:

I'll tell you what - I'll give you the opportunity to prove us wrong, and show that you can, indeed, maintain a backwards motion in a set of split fins. Not just one kick, but say - moving backwards 10 feet.
If you're going to sit there and say it's no problem - prove it. I say BS, but hey - go ahead, Mr. Agitator supreme.
I'll even put up a small wager - if you can post a video of you kicking backwards in split fins of any shape or size, I'll send you a set of free spring straps for your particular fins, as well as a Paypal for $10 US dollars.

And also - are you sure someone wasn't just directing water at you off camera? For 'finning backwards,' you're moving AWFULLY slow! :p

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I'll appoint Ferrara, Detroit Diver and Uncle Pug.
You should have made it $10 Canadian... that way he'd owe you money.

Oh... I do have something else to say:

You should have made it 1 kick... or even 10 kicks to move 10'.
Seems like it took him 20~30. :D

Oh... one more thing... was that 10'?

You should have made it 1 kick... or even 10 kicks to move 10'.
I want to see anyone (without a scooter in reverse and without current pug) go backwards 10 feet with 1 kick...that would be worth the video and 10 whole dollars US$

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
go backwards 10 feet with 1 kick
Silly Grindel said he could move 20' per kick... hey... where is Silly Grindel? He disappeared shortly after that post...

Silly Grindel said he could move 20' per kick... hey... where is Silly Grindel? He disappeared shortly after that post....

If he can do it in no current, and unassisted, I'm in for 10 bucks also!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom