advanced kicks with splits...the video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Silly Grindel said he could move 20' per kick... hey... where is Silly Grindel? He disappeared shortly after that post....
And I'm a 6'3" blonde...with blue eyes...212 pounds...work out every day....eat a balanced diet....never speed...enjoy long walks on the beach...hell I should be a saint!

I dive with SG from time to time...are you sure he wasn't kidding?

Boogie711 once bubbled...
For what it's worth - the "Boogie711" challenge was directed to CincyBengalsFan, and not anyone in particular. However, I don't want anyone to accuse me of welching out on a particular challenge. I'll tell you what - you appoint 3 judges, I'll appoint 3 judges, and they can vote on it. :D

A panel of judges ... I love it! I'll offer as unit of measure that the length of the diver is 6'3". I concede that only one diver unit gets traversed in the video -- so there's no need to go to the judges. Thanks for making things interesting, boogie.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
FAnd also - are you sure someone wasn't just directing water at you off camera? For 'finning backwards,' you're moving AWFULLY slow!

Actually we tied fishing line to my butt d-ring, and there is a diver just off camera slowly reeling me in.:D

Glad to see this went to the 'non-serious, divers joking with each other' route! I was told when I was introduced to splits that they were the 'end all to be all'. I had been diving a pair of Quattros for years. I now own a pair of SP Splits.

From my personal experience...

Can't Frog kick with the splits effectively..
Can't quite get the helicopter down right with splits...
slow lazy diving with no stress...Gotta love those splits!!!

I can't swim worth a DAMN on the surface of a pool with my Quattros. Feels like bricks are tied to my feet. I'd rather not have any fins than use them on the surface...But they weren't meant for the surface. Underwater...Ain't nobody can outmanuever me underwater when I have my Quattros on. Dolphin, frog, helicopter, gyro, etc. etc.

Quattros are my fin of choice.:D

OK, KFC is out, Churche's rules, Bojangles gets an extremably honorable second mention. Krispy Kreme for Doughnuts, Dunkin's for Coffee, I heard Timmie's is good in Canada (Ask SeaJay).

And if you are ever in Texas...Eat at any steakhouse with the name Zentner in it. The one I ate at in San Angelo had a 'small' T-bone weighing in at 20 oz. I felt for the cows they had out back....but the beef...mmm. And of course, for low country boil...well, my place of course!

Take care,
Colin

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laughs!

coberry7:
Can't Frog kick with the splits effectively..
Can't quite get the helicopter down right with splits...

My buddies used to look at me crazy when I would practice the helicopter with splits. They also weren't terribly impressed when I would attempt the backkick in splits. My SP splits are long gone, but thanks to Birdman, I now know how stupid I looked. It does take an awful lot of backkicking to get anywhere. I used to point the fin tips at my head and flutter them to move backward.

Hantzu

Back
Top Bottom