Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Jim!

I will test it with my other Scribble first. If that one reads high too I will take it by my LDS and see if he will check the IP for me.

So given the info on the seat and the fact my seconds seem to be tolerating it well, if the IP is indeed high, would it be best to just wait until it needs a full rebuild or just bite the bullet and fix the problem?

Thank you Jim!

I will test it with my other Scribble first. If that one reads high too I will take it by my LDS and see if he will check the IP for me.

So given the info on the seat and the fact my seconds seem to be tolerating it well, if the IP is indeed high, would it be best to just wait until it needs a full rebuild or just bite the bullet and fix the problem?
The issue is that an IP that high can also shorten the life of the seat in the seconds or even overcome them and start freeflowing. It also has the potential to just let go and start a freeflow in the first. I would not dive them personally with an IP that high. If someone sent me a reg with an IP like that, it would require a rebuild.

Post the question to Deep 6 because another person has said he also received a reg from the same manufacturer with the IP set at 155psi.

Post the question to Deep 6 because another person has said he also received a reg from the same manufacturer with the IP set at 155psi.

The Deep 6 forum has been closed since September of last year. Better to contact them directly.

Erik

I would imagine they would ask me to verify the IP reading. So plan to do that first.
Ask them for the manufacturer recommended IP first and then throw in the 155psi question later.
One at a time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom