Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing is perfect! lol
An exploded diagram of both 1st and 2nd stages would be the most welcome addition.

Would Deep 6 be happy with that if you post it here?
A picture of a disassembled regulator?
I can't see that being a problem. We share pics of our work all the time.

Nothing is perfect! lol
An exploded diagram of both 1st and 2nd stages would be the most welcome addition.

Would Deep 6 be happy with that if you post it here?
The manual already has exploded schematics of all their regs but the 1st stage schematic pictures are poor quality to the point you can’t actually make out the smaller parts (like a photocopy where the toner ran out). They haven’t fixed it despite being made aware of it when the manual came out so it would be good if someone else provided an alternative. I don’t think they would care if @rsingler made a photo version since their manual is freely available for anyone to download as it is. Great idea Rob!

A picture of a disassembled regulator?
I can't see that being a problem. We share pics of our work all the time.
With all the parts numbered and use them in the text as well.
An actual sized diagram of all the O-rings used, similar like those in Apeks service kit, so there is NO mistaken identity.

There were some changes made to the drawings they put in the manual and as a result, it looks like lower quality photos were loaded into it after I sent them the final product. The changes were in the torque specs. The original drawings had some that were incorrect. The title block was also changed a bit. The photos in my copy of the original are crystal clear but they have the wrong torque specs on them. They were going to edit those and put them in. I don't have the software to edit the PDf's they sent. I've since done a workaround by importing it into photoshop, saving it as a jpeg, editing the photo, and re-saving it as a PDf.
Pain in the hind end. The ones I've done since I worked with a person who has access to PDf editing software and she makes the changes as I dictate them. Adobe wants like $50 a month for full access to the tools that will let me do that. I don't have the work to justify that extra expense. If I got more contracts, I'd look into it.
In the manual there is also a line about using the drawings that were supposed to be on the flash drive that course participants got.
It was set up that when someone took the course, they were supposed to be given a flashdrive with this info on it. I was told that's how the course was going to be taught and that's the way I teach it. In addition to a printed manual that I print out myself, I also include laminated copies of the schematics. This allows you to have it right in front of you on the bench and if you accidentally spill something on it, just wipe it off.
I don't know how other instructors teach the class, but I've always went above and beyond.
Before anyone asks, even though the manual is online, I can't release the drawings I have because I don't have permission to do that and they do have the differences noted above.

There were some changes made to the drawings they put in the manual and as a result, it looks like lower quality photos were loaded into it after I sent them the final product. The changes were in the torque specs. The original drawings had some that were incorrect. The title block was also changed a bit. The photos in my copy of the original are crystal clear but they have the wrong torque specs on them. They were going to edit those and put them in. I don't have the software to edit the PDf's they sent. I've since done a workaround by importing it into photoshop, saving it as a jpeg, editing the photo, and re-saving it as a PDf.
Pain in the hind end. The ones I've done since I worked with a person who has access to PDf editing software and she makes the changes as I dictate them. Adobe wants like $50 a month for full access to the tools that will let me do that. I don't have the work to justify that extra expense. If I got more contracts, I'd look into it.
In the manual there is also a line about using the drawings that were supposed to be on the flash drive that course participants got.
It was set up that when someone took the course, they were supposed to be given a flashdrive with this info on it. I was told that's how the course was going to be taught and that's the way I teach it. In addition to a printed manual that I print out myself, I also include laminated copies of the schematics. This allows you to have it right in front of you on the bench and if you accidentally spill something on it, just wipe it off.
I don't know how other instructors teach the class, but I've always went above and beyond.
Before anyone asks, even though the manual is online, I can't release the drawings I have because I don't have permission to do that and they do have the differences noted above.
I took one of the first courses with Chris teaching, great course, no flash drives though. Maybe that started after.

I took one of the first courses with Chris teaching, great course, no flash drives though. Maybe that started after.

I took mine last February and didn't get one, but honestly (besides a better picture) what would be on a flash drive that they don't have posted online?

Update...

The new XS Scuba adjustable spanner and new IP gauge arrived.

The spanner works well and the cap came off easily. But the new gauge confirmed no adjustment needed with an IP solid at 145.

But now I feel much more confident in maintaining my Scribble. Once again “Thank you” to all.

Lisa

the new gauge confirmed no adjustment needed

A reminder/lesson for all of us. Thank you for the update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom