Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well looks like @rhwestfall nailed it. I checked the other Scribble. Yep 150. So connected my Aqualung I had serviced myself and knew was at 135. You guessed it. 155. So looks like I will be adding a new IP to my order.

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this one out and although I may not need to adjust/rebuild now you have given me the info to be ready when I do.

Apologies for the false alarm.

Edit: Out of curiosity I just took a closer look at the gauge face. Disconnected the needle sits just above the pin at zero. I assume it should be resting on the pin. Another lesson learned.

Good to know all is well as well as realizing the faulty IP gauge.
Dirt cheap to replace. Ordering TWO units?
Would an expensive one more reliable?

Don't be too surprised as I have had a reg come from the same factory with an initial IP of 155.
Edit. I have three IP gauges and my bench one is definitely not a $12.00 one.
OP has found out that his IP gauge was faulty. So it was NOT 155psi.
How about yours? I am not suggesting that any of your gauge is inaccurate. Just curious.

Well looks like @rhwestfall nailed it. I checked the other Scribble. Yep 150. So connected my Aqualung I had serviced myself and knew was at 135. You guessed it. 155. So looks like I will be adding a new IP to my order.

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this one out and although I may not need to adjust/rebuild now you have given me the info to be ready when I do.

Apologies for the false alarm.

Edit: Out of curiosity I just took a closer look at the gauge face. Disconnected the needle sits just above the pin at zero. I assume it should be resting on the pin. Another lesson learned.

the good thing is you can get a higher quality gauge on Amazon and use the existing fitting which is probably 1/8" NPT female instead of buying a new "IP gauge".

OP has found out that his IP gauge was faulty. So it was NOT 155psi.
How about yours? I am not suggesting that any of your gauge is inaccurate. Just curious.
Here is the WIKA gauge that I used at the time and it closely matches the more accurate Ashcroft I subsequently purchased with plans to make a pressure pot. Ashcroft (1).jpg Ashcroft (2).jpg

FWIW I am certain the gauge functioned appropriately for years and that this issue is new. Something happened that affected the accuracy. I wonder if perhaps I dropped it and thought nothing of it at the time.

Back
Top Bottom