Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure hope not since this first stage only has about 30 dives on it. I just assumed the variation was from the break-in period.
155 is far too far to creep from 145(max).
How old is it? Still under warranty?
If it is not too troublesome take it back to the shop or even asked the certain person in SB!

Make a new post to Deep 6 Gear on Q&A Diving Gear Manufacturers.

Good luck

155 is far too far to creep from 145(max).
How old is it? Still under warranty?
If it is not too troublesome take it back to the shop or even asked the certain person in SB!

Make a new post to Deep 6 Gear on Q&A Diving Gear Manufacturers.

Good luck
I did not see any mention of creep only that the IP was too high. If it initially goes to 145 and then creeps to 155 I would agree with you but I am not sure that is the case.

I did not see any mention of creep only that the IP was too high. If it initially goes to 145 and then creeps to 155 I would agree with you but I am not sure that is the case.
The max recommended IP is 145.
I would be very surprised if the reg was set at 145 when leaving the factory.
Couple of psi difference could be due to the setting of the new seat but not 10psi.

and the precision accuracy of a $12 IP gauge.....

now, if we had numbers of when they got it new.....

The max recommended IP is 145.
I would be very surprised if the reg was set at 145 when leaving the factory.
Couple of psi difference could be due to the setting of the new seat but not 10psi.
Don't be too surprised as I have had a reg come from the same factory with an initial IP of 155.
Edit. I have three IP gauges and my bench one is definitely not a $12.00 one.

Good questions.

No. No creep. Locks up at 155. Don’t honestly recall if I checked it when first bought. I checked my log but nothing wrote down. I have another one that I will hook up tonight and check.

It is indeed a DGE gauge that I saw recommended on SB. It seems to have read accurately on my other regs but no way to confirm.

Needed a few things from Piranha Dive and look what I just happened to see...

Spanner Wrench pin Size 3.20mm to 5.20mm hole , Piranha Dive Shop |

It is indeed the #6 spanner. A #5 will also work but make sure it has the .140 pin. The cap should only be hand-tight. When you reinstall it make sure the reg is pressurized and that you only screw it on by hand and snug it up by hand. No wrench needed.

155 is out of spec for that 2nd stage. 125-145 is the general operating range but 135 +/- 5 psi is what you want to see ideally in operation. The reg is a balanced 1st stage that is designed to slightly elevate the IP as supply pressure drops. Setting it for 135 @ 3000 PSI should be done initially. After the initial break in the IP may DROP a couple/three PSI, not go up. It will then result in an IP of 140 or so at 500 PSI to maintain the same flow to the second stage.

If you can, borrow another IP gauge to check it. I have and use two of the DGX checkers and they match up with my Scubatools one and the big $200 one at the shop.

The problem with backing off the IP is that you are decreasing the mainspring pressure on a reg that may have already taken a set in the HP seat. This has the potential to result in a less than ideal seal between the orifice and the seat. This could cause the seat to start leaking through. Turning the IP up is something you can often get away with. Turning it down is a crapshoot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom