Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the WIKA gauge that I used at the time and it closely matches the more accurate Ashcroft I subsequently purchased with plans to make a pressure pot.View attachment 646683 View attachment 646684
The manufacturer recommended IP is 125-145 for Signature. But your(Scribble or Signature) was 155 when first bought.
Perhaps it has nothing to do with the gauge at all.

Note that's the manual for the signature reg which I wrote. But the Scribble is the same IP spec.
That is a very well written service manual. EXCELLENT. You have set a very very high standard for others to match.

I would be very surprised that both models from the same manufacturer would be different in IP setting.
Only Deep 6 can provide the answer.

The manufacturer recommended IP is 125-145 for Signature. But your(Scribble or Signature) was 155 when first bought.
Perhaps it has nothing to do with the gauge at all.
I never thought it had.

How about your "new" reg at 155psi?
It is from the same manufacturer, isn't it?
It was, but that is 4 years ago now and Deep 6 were made aware of it.

That is a very well written service manual. EXCELLENT. You have set a very very high standard for others to match.

I would be very surprised that both models from the same manufacturer would be different in IP setting.
Only Deep 6 can provide the answer.
Agreed, the manual is excellent but still waiting for a clear picture of the 1st stage schematics, the current ones look like they were scanned using a toaster. It’s been like two years since I asked so not holding my breath.

We can make one by photography at the Tech's Zoom Seminar in May

Agreed, the manual is excellent but still waiting for a clear picture of the 1st stage schematics, the current ones look like they were scanned using a toaster. It’s been like two years since I asked so not holding my breath.
Nothing is perfect! lol
An exploded diagram of both 1st and 2nd stages would be the most welcome addition.

We can make one by photography at the Tech's Zoom Seminar in May
Would Deep 6 be happy with that if you post it here?

Back
Top Bottom