Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Doing a routine check on my newish Deep6 Scribble I found the IP pressure at 155 on tank with pressure at around 1800. Looking at the Signature manual I assume this should be around 135?

On my Scubapro and Aqualung the adjustment screw is readily accessible but looks like I need to remove the cap on the Deep6?

Make sure the reg is pressurized when you reinstall the cap.
Thanks.

Looks like I need a tool I don’t have and the manual lists two different sized pin spanners. Eric’s in the garage trying to come up with something. Anyone have a work around?

yes, it is an environmentally sealed diaphragm, so, like the MK-17 from ScubaPro (not like the unsealed MK-11), you need to remove the environmental seal to adjust the IP.

Thanks.

Looks like I need a tool I don’t have and the manual lists two different sized pin spanners. Eric’s in the garage trying to come up with something. Anyone have a work around?
Depends how tight but a small strap wrench might work. A crude tool could be fabricated from some thin hardwood with a suitable size hole and a pin made from something of the correct diameter. Best to get the correct tool though.

lots of padding (thick rubber) and a slip joint plier????? Oh please be so careful!!!!

It really shouldn't be too tight....

Thanks guys. Obviously I have never dealt with a sealed regulator before. Duh!

Was hoping to get it taken care of today while I have all the tools and gear out but looks like I will be ordering a spanner. Eric got his calipers out and looks like I need the 1.6 Hook spanner # 6 from Scuba Tools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom