a public service announcement for men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
yea, yea. blah, blah, blah. Face it...we will never stop using your razor. We like it cause it's against the rules.
Grounds for divorce.

Thank God!

I saw the title of this thread, and I was afraid it would be about prostate checks!

Shaving, I can handle!

It really is just a matter of quantity that has to be shaved. 1 or 2 times on a woman's legs is like about the equalvalient of 10-15 times on a man's face.

we should all take a moment to take the time to personally verify this :D

I like the Gillette 'mutli blade' razors, but they just cost too much.

The Gillette Attra (2 blade) does good for me.

I have however, gotten one of those 'shaving cream warmers' and that is really nice. Shaving with warm gel is much nicer than the 'cold stuff'. You stick the shaving cream can in and turn it on and a few minutes later the gel is warm. real nice.

ok ... here's my routine:

take hot shower

put brush in sink, half-fill sink with hot water
(i use a boar hair brush ... must update to badger soon)

get my face wet again with hot water

lather up the brush with soap
(i use Proraso's soap... cheap, but smells very good, and it has eucalyptus oil)

lather up my face for about a minute

shave but only in the direction of the hair
(i currently have to make do with a Mach 3, but am awaiting
shipment of a replacement Merkur HD -- cheap, but awesome)

wash face with cold water

apply moisturizer
(i love Neutrogena's Post Shave lotion)

I use the Mach 3 also. What a superb piece of hardware.

Ok my routine is to fill the sink with warm-to-hot water.

The whole head and face get a liberal dousing, and when it's cold outside, a little more.

Then shaving gel is applied, first to the top of my head, then down the back of my head across to the face. I too take a minute or two for this task. (I must get myself a fancy badger brush)

Then I start the Mach3 above the ears, and going with the grain, I work my way across the head and down the back of the head. Next comes the face, taking special care around the upper lip. (I hate it when I see people who leave little tufts of hair under their nose).
After that I start on the top of the head at the dome apex.

At completion I run my hands all over to find any bits I have missed then wash my head and face with hot water.

Straight after I pat my head and face with aftershave (Depends on the occasion as to which I use) and wait for the "burn" to kick in. Man I love that feeling of aftershave entering open pores.:D

I used one of those nifty brushes for years and it rocks. I always wanted to learn to use a straight razor but it sounds kinda dangerous so I am safer not ...

Anywho, these days I shave in the shower, using soap and a "Sensor". I don't even have a mirror.

Yes, I cut myself on occasion but only girly men worry about blood. :confused:

the straight razors sound cool ... but they're always losing their edge and you
have to sharpen them and then use that leather strap ... way too much hassle

Azza:
Straight after I pat my head and face with aftershave (Depends on the occasion as to which I use) and wait for the "burn" to kick in. Man I love that feeling of aftershave entering open pores.:D
<Shudder> This is why I only shave before diving. The unshaven look is easier (and less painful) to deal with.

JeffG:
Grounds for divorce.

yea...but finally I have a man that says I can use anything I want. now that's true love. Women should just use your razor on the first date and check the reaction, save themselves all the trouble! If it goes smoothly with the razor, move on to the bank account.

I like men that love to share.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom