a public service announcement for men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned to shave on my own. If I'm going somewhere that I don't want a 5 o'clock shadow. I do a hot shave against hair growth then do a cold shave with the grain. try washing your face with a wash cloth that's steaming hot then shaving with a shave kit. Also if your really trusting let the woman in your life shave your face. They have just the right touch sometimes...if not lucky, you'll live.

Gillette Sensor 3 razors and Gillette Series Gel for me...

I just bought that new 5 blade razor from Gillette. What a gimmick. I have never cut myself before shaving and I did first time I used it. OF course thats the beauty of it....I actually cut myself 5 times in one fell swoop. I swear if they come out with a 6 blade razor....where does it end???

There is a SNL skit about the mulit-blade razors.. I've used a mach 3 for face and head.. I've always wanted to go into a barber shop and have them straight blade the entire thing....except eyebrows, I'm keeping those.

I'll stay with my tracer fx. 2 blades are plenty. How about that new one that takes batteries. Vibrates or something. Shave and get aroused at the same time. Or for a real treat I might let it go for 3 days or so when I'm needing a hair cut any way and get my BARBER (not stylist, thank you) to give me a hair cut and a good old fashioned hot lather shave with the straight razor! That is the stuff!!!

And yes Catherine, keep your hands off of our blades! My fiance and both my ex-wives along with a couple girlfriends must have steel wire for hair on their legs and other places. I can usually get 10 shaves out of a blade or more if I shave every day and dont let it get too scruffy. But a womans legs will ruin a razor after one or two passes.

JimLap:
girlfriends must have steel wire for hair on their legs and other places. I can usually get 10 shaves out of a blade or more if I shave every day and dont let it get too scruffy. But a womans legs will ruin a razor after one or two passes.

It really is just a matter of quantity that has to be shaved. 1 or 2 times on a woman's legs is like about the equalvalient of 10-15 times on a man's face.

I use Gillette 5-blade razors. It's the best one I've tried and I never cut myself. I only shave while I take my shower, after I rinse shampoo off my hair and before I lather my body. (I feel like I'm giving too much information! lol )

I'm with you Andy. I use the Body Shop shave cream and it lasts much longer than the canned stuff and does a much better job. I've had my brush for at least 8 years and the one before that lasted I don't know how long.

I can usually get 10 shaves out of a blade or more if I shave every day and dont let it get too scruffy. But a womans legs will ruin a razor after one or two passes.

yea, yea. blah, blah, blah. Face it...we will never stop using your razor. We like it cause it's against the rules.

I am going to go look for one of those brushes with the little stand. You guys are a wealth of information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom