A hero amongst us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great job, Jessie!

Sounds to me like Jessie is a "Do The Right Thing" award winner!!

Why to go Jesse, you did a great job. I see you take after your mom. You can be my DM anytime. What you did is the BEST thing someone at any age can do.

Jessie did great! She's one cool kid from the few times she's been round on our FCD get-togethers.

Vickie and Darrel are among the great parents i have seen across this state who are divers and i've gotten to know over the last year or so, must be doing something right :wink:

Just as an aside, what happened to the other little girl, and her mom/parents who left her alone?

simbrooks:
Just as an aside, what happened to the other little girl, and her mom/parents who left her alone?

We still haven't heard how the little girl is doing, but when we left, she was sitting up talking/crying. I believe her mom will be visisting our pal Orlando Eric at the resort for a few days. It turns out that the mother leaves the kids (ages 8 and 4) alone all the time. They were still trying to find the little boy when we left. Their mother had left that morning at 5am, came back at 3pm to change clothes, then went back out until she received a phone call from the deputy. The surrounding tenants said that they often see these children running around all day usually without food or drinks. I was told the little girl didnt want anyone to tell her mom because she was afraid she would be beat. Some people just should NOT be allowed to reproduce!

I'll keep updating this thread as the information become available to me. Thanks everyone for such kind words.

Good job Jessie! I was a lifeguard for a year in college, and fortunately, not once did I have to use my training. You should be proud of yourself - you did a very noble deed!

It's great to hear about a young person who can think so quickly when others (even adults) would have just stood by. Way to go!!!

That is AMAZING! I have only known you but for a scarce year and am so proud I might have to wipe my eyes!

Many people have already said it... there are people who stare and there are people who dare! You are one of the proud members of the DARE to be Great society.

Congratulations on joining a sisterhood of the few who know what it is to save a life.

I have seen trained professionals fall apart and do much less in these situations.

I am thinking a Pizza party at Chuck E Cheese is in order! WHO's a comming!?!

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom