A hero amongst us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How PROUD can a dad be?

Wellllllll, let me tell you. A LOT! When I heard of what Jessie did, I almost started to cry. She was so brave to jump in after that girl. I work in a career were I get to see what happenings when someone does not react immediately. Jessie never hesitated when this girl was in trouble. She knew that girl needed to be off the bottom of the pool, and did not wait for someone else to do it. She took control of the situation and her emotions. That takes a very special person to do that. That is the stuff Heros are made of...... Yes, I'm walking around like a rooster with my chest poked out scratching the ground. Wouldn't you......?

Well Jessie, I just want you to know I'm so proud of you and love you so very much. Good Job!!!!!

It is incredible to be able to show the courage and strength necessary to save someone's life at any age, but especially at 8! Too many people look on and wait for someone else to take action, but Jessi has definetly proven today that she has the ability come forward, stay level-headed and do the right thing in a crisis.
Jessi, hope there'll be someone around like you when I find myself in deep water!

Vickie and Darrel,
You both have a lot to be proud of in that little girl. Kudos to her for her quick action and ability to help the professionals when they arrived, too. She may not realize it yet, but the significance of her saving a life may feel overwhelming as she has more time to think about it.

-Rob

Way to go!!! That shows courage and acute situational assessment skills. Many adults would not think or act that clearly in the same situation. What an inspiring kid you are!

Jessi you will have this moment to be proud of for the rest of your life. You have saved a persons life and that is a very high achievement.

Way to go, Jessi!! You ROCK!! :D

You showed the kind of courage that a lot of people 5 times your age don't ever display! You're definitely a hero in my book....and in that little girl's book, as well!

What a courageous young girl! I'm sure that you and Darrell are very, very proud.

Jessi, you've done a great thing today, and all of your ScubaBoard, Florida Conch family are proud of you too. Thinking so calmly and doing all the right things can be hard, but it sounds like you did everything right. That little girl would probably have drowned if you hadn't thought things through and gone to her rescue.

Great job!

-Grier

Wow, Jessi!! At eight years of age you have done something incredible. That little girl will always remember you, and so will the rest of her family. You should be very proud of the way you reacted in such a stressful situation.

It's good to know that the young generation has people of your caliber and quality.
Nice job. :10:

Jessi,

I congratulate you on your presence of mind to quickly and correctly respond to the young girl that you rescued yesterday.

Knowing you a bit, it doesn't surprise me in the least that you stepped up and took the proper steps to rectify the situation.

I have always believed that you were a bit more intelligent for your age than most and this just proves it.

When you are ready to start your dive training, please let me know. For each excellent deed should always be recognized. And I would dive with you any day of the week. Knowing your mom, I believe that you are going to be the one that gives me a run for my money underwater :D

Just that Jeff guy that keeps on ending up stayingat your place :D

Jessi...you are an amazing girl.
You saved that girls life. In the face of a crisis you did the right thing and that takes courage. There are two kind of people in this world: those who act and those who don't. Congratulationson being the kind that does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom