A Day on Cape Ann #2

If interested, which weekends are you available?

• I'll be there on June 22-23 anyhow!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • June 29-30

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • July 6-7

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • July 13-14

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • July 20-21

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • July 27-28

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • August 3-4

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • August 10-11

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • August 17-18

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • August 24-25

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Crap Cake isn't an option? That's probably a goop thang...

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Chocolate is the only option in B'day Cake!

Happy Diving, and Spelling!

Scuba-sass :)

This sounds like a good time with a good group. I'd like to join if possible. The Burger King in Beverly...is that the last major rest stop before Gloucester?...there's a Dunkin Donuts there as well? I think I know which one you are talking about but I want to be sure.

Thanks,
Matthew

That's the one. We'll see you there!

Originally posted by mshieldsdunn
This sounds like a good time with a good group. I'd like to join if possible. The Burger King in Beverly...is that the last major rest stop before Gloucester?...there's a Dunkin Donuts there as well? I think I know which one you are talking about but I want to be sure.

Thanks,
Matthew

Hopefully you'll be able to check out Spectre's bug hunting technique in person!

Originally posted by wackodacko
Awesome! I am SOOO GOING on the 24th (i am counting on passing my dives this weekend) !!
:D

Yah Msilvia.. I heard about you guys "bug hunting" and stuff.. uh.. wha? hehe. oK! I dont see how a lobster can be scary.. (though ive only seen ones on a plate ) but do they try to bite on ur finger and through ur glove or what?

Well, they look a lot bigger under water, and they're definately a heck of a lot faster! Oh... and they have one claw designed to snip fingers off, and another for crushing bones and stuff.

Unfortunately, hesitating doesn't seem to help catch them at all.

Originally posted by wackodacko
I dont see how a lobster can be scary.. (though ive only seen ones on a plate )

Lets see... a 3 lb lobster has enough strength to cut your finger off with his cutter claw, and enough power in the crusher claw to break your wrist.

Even the sub-legal lobsters hurt when they get 'cha.

And yes, now combine that with the fact that they look 25% bigger... When you see a claw the size of a small dog coming toward your head...

Eh... we'll show ya! "Ok Wacko... see that hole with two big claws sticking out of it? Go 'get 'em!"

Originally posted by MSilvia
Unfortunately, hesitating doesn't seem to help catch them at all

*chuckle* It's perfect... you're like my hunting dog. You point and bark when you find a legal one, and otherwise you chase 'em around the sand! :) A couple more dives and you'll have it down :)

I just wanted to watch your technique again. Of course, after watching you nursing your squashed finger, I figure I'm ready to try it on my own.

"He only had the one big claw, so I figured I could take him from the front!"

Good thinking. :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom