A Day on Cape Ann #2

If interested, which weekends are you available?

• I'll be there on June 22-23 anyhow!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • June 29-30

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • July 6-7

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • July 13-14

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • July 20-21

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • July 27-28

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • August 3-4

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • August 10-11

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • August 17-18

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • August 24-25

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am all for Jul. 27/28. Perhaps we should start the planning? :boom:

Let me take a look at my schedule and I will be right back.
Eric

Originally posted by oceancurrent
I haven't heard lately from this thread. Is everybody still up for going to Cape Ann and/or some local ponds?

I am going to Nubble Light w/about 6 others from my LDS on Saturday. We are meeting in the parking lot at 10, in the water by 10:30.

Originally posted by raxafarian
Hi all. Dates good for me are:

Jul 27/28
aug 3/4
aug 24/25

aug 17/18 possible

plugged the first 3 into the poll

Ken
(and possible Lisa too)

I didn't know you had a birthday coming up Ken... many happy returns of the day!

July 27th/28th sounds good to me. Shall we plan on meeting at the Burger King on 128 in Beverly on the 27th? What time is good for everyone?

High tide at Gloucester Harbor is around 2:15 that day, so how about meeting at noon?

Originally posted by raxafarian
7/27 ...count me in.. not sure about the wife.

what dives site(s) are we thinking of? I don't know any... just want to check 'em out on the net before-hand.

I'm still up in the air [it's the last weekend of my buddy's vacation on the Cape, and I'm not sure if I'm going down there or not].

However to answer your question, Check out:

Cape Ann Divers - Dive Sites

Where you end up definately depends on the experience level as well as conditions. Cathedral is definately the best spot, but it's a lot of rock hopping to get in and out, but that's not that big of a deal, you just make a few trips with your stuff. However the exit can be a little tough if there is some surf.

Other good sites are Back Beach and Stage Fort Park, as parking is fairly easy. Folly is good, but sucks at low tide and parking is kinda a pain [drop your stuff off and drive about 1/4 mile away to park, or roll the dice and hope you don't get a ticket].

If I don't make it... have a blast! [not implying you won't if I'm there! :)

Once we see who's going to dive with us, and what the conditions are like, we can select a site at the BK rendezvous.

Check out the site descriptions Spectre posted, and pick a few favorites. Almost all of the dive sites I've visited on Cape Ann are good, and we'll be there for high tide, so I'm up for about anything... wind, weather, and group ability pending. If anyone wants to, I might even be interested in grabbing a third tank (or refill) and doing a night dive at back beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom