A Day on Cape Ann #2

If interested, which weekends are you available?

• I'll be there on June 22-23 anyhow!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • June 29-30

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • July 6-7

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • July 13-14

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • July 20-21

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • July 27-28

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • August 3-4

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • August 10-11

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • August 17-18

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • August 24-25

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by MSilvia
July 27th/28th sounds good to me. Shall we plan on meeting at the Burger King on 128 in Beverly on the 27th? What time is good for everyone?

High tide at Gloucester Harbor is around 2:15 that day, so how about meeting at noon?

noon sounds good to us (wife say's she can go too... ) Means we won't have to get up with the roosters!

gotta talk to her about a night dive... we'd have to stay overnight and figure out pet arrangements... But we are a definite for the daytime.

Later
Ken and Lisa

i didnt know there were so many boston-area people on scuba board... am i allowed to go on the trip if im a newbie? im doing my PADI OW test in gloucester on july 27-28 !! Also, does anyone know where to go to learn how to catch lobster?

Speaking of which... How many people are planning on being at the fish count on Saturday? [10 AM egistration @ Stage Fort Park, dive, then return between 1 and 2 for food/drinks/raffle].

If there is going to be a few people there, we might be able to hook up for a little post counting dive?

Originally posted by wackodacko
am i allowed to go on the trip if im a newbie?

But of course! Ask Shellbird, Cape Ann Day #1 was her first dive sans instructors... and we hardly tried to drown her!

Also, does anyone know where to go to learn how to catch lobster?

Ahh grasshopper... it's all in the wrist! Just remember a few things.

1) Don't grab 'em without a license.
2) Watch out for the claws
3) If your not scared... it's probably not legal.
4) Don't grab 'em unless you gots a license!

Looks like you may have just missed this one Wackodacko... we're diving on the 27th, and you won't have finished your certification by then. I'm all for going with new divers, but not until they're certified! If you'll be in the neighborhood though, maybe you can meet up with us afterward for seafood and drinks?

I'm sure at least some of us will be going again (...and again, and again) before the summer is out... I'll go just about anytime.

Since there seems to be a bunch of folks available, let's plan on doing Cape Ann Day #3 on the 24th of August.

The best way to learn how to catch lobsters is to go lobstering with someone who knows what they're doing. You might start a thread though... I'm sure you'll get some great advice. Don't forget to get a permit if you plan to do it in MA though!

Spectre, I'll be doing the fish count.

If you go on August 24th, and I can join you - will someone bake me a birthday cake?

If only we could light the candles under water....

Scuba-sass :)

Originally posted by MSilvia
Since there seems to be a bunch of folks available, let's plan on doing Cape Ann Day #3 on the 24th of August.

Cool... penciled in...

Specter, I'll be doing the fish count.

Ok... once is a typo... twice is just a mistake! run left across the keyboard!:grrr:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom