7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
woohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!!!

7 Day Cardio Challangers-Starting 1st January:
Almitywife
Sea nmf
Jcsgt
Neil
SoCalAngel
Divescoop
dhampton82
Tedtim (starting early)
TheTrickster
Kayla
Natasha
LindaBlueDolphin
Colby
ScubaJenny
Sunthnbelle

did i miss anyone??

Maybe we can add a twist to this!

For those of us who are doing cardio type things that can be tracked with mileage, walking, running, and cycling why not set up a group total goal to see if can get there. We can start a thread and report our mileage.

Lets try to walk, run, or cycle someplace and keep track to see how long it takes to get there!

Day 2. One hour on the elliptical and then some abdominal crunches. Good thing I downloaded some tunes to keep the pace constant.

The gym is even open on New Year's Day!

Wow! Getting a head start, so does that mean you will do this exercise PLUS the 7 days?? :D
For me, I am gearing up for MOnday. Finished mowing the lawn today, and pulled a bunch of viney weeds. Almost filled a 100gal green waste container.

Scuba_Jenny:
Wow! Getting a head start, so does that mean you will do this exercise PLUS the 7 days?? :D
Nope. We are on the road to Curacao for a week starting next Saturday, so I needed an early start to get the seven days in.

Good luck and keep working everyone.

I think I recall you mentioning that, now that you brought it up..
Good luck everybody!

While I think this challenge is a great idea for those who have been in a fairly consistent exercise routine for a while, I would really caution anyone who has not exercised in a strenuous manner for a long period of time and are seriously overweight to get an OK from your doctor first. While I have been exercising consistently for 2 years, when I first started two years ago, I was lucky to get 5 minutes on the elliptical before feeling like I was going to faint. It took me a good 3 or 4 months of going to the gym 4-5 days a week to get up to 30 minutes. And if I got sick or was away from the gym for a while when I was on vacation, I could never start right back up to 30 minutes of cardio.

I am now doing 40 minutes 4-5 times a week consistently. For me, it is a big accomplishment. And being 35 lbs lighter certainly helps. Along with building up muscle through weight training and core strength and flexibility through Pilates.

As far as yoga is concerned, it doesn't really count as cardio because cardio involves elevating your heartrate to a predetermined level based on your age for a set amount of time. But yoga is a wonderful exercise for flexibility and core strengthening. On new year's day, my gym is offering a yogalilates class (a mixture of yoga and Pilates) which I plan on taking.

Seriously, I could partake in this challenge easily. But I am hesistant to do so because I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to attempt this and then have them suffer a heart attack or something because they pushed themselves too far too fast.

Ok, I am definetly in. I just weighted myself and I am at the heaviest of my life right now :(

155 lbs!! not bad yet, but I dont want it to get outta control before I notice it.

hi fairy and thanks for your words of wisdom!

you are right... dont want anyone out there hurting themselves but thats why i suggested even a walk (which is what i will be doing) or gardening will make a difference because its about making a start for a healthy new year

anything that gets the body moving and energy spent but without doing injury to yourself is the way to go

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom