7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the challenge is to do 30 min every day, however, since this is the honor system, you can average out 30 min/day over the course of multiple days. (see post #1 and 10).
Oh, and welcome to the fitness nut club! :)

I honored our system with a 30 minute spin on the wind trainer this morning, then a massage from Dawn 'the Tank Girl', the most abusive deep tissue artist on the Front Range, and am now icing and heading to physical therapy shortly.

Yay! I´m allowed in...
I do 1,5hr swimming on mondays, 1hr badminton on tuesdays, another 2hrs of badminton on thursdays and throw in a 1hr spinning-class at irregular intervals...once spring arrives I´ll trade badminton for running...

Yay! Just did cardio and weight training, I'm probably going to feel this tomorrow diving marathon!

Back on track after being lazy and too tired for 2 days

Treadmill

6%
3.5 mph
2.5 miles
43:04 minutes

Got on the emachine for about 5 minutes this evening on the lowest setting. Worked up a good sweat.

I do a very boring exercise routine. I guess it just carried over from the Army PT test days...

Do my 60 or so sit ups, 50 to 60 push ups, 2 mile run or my daily swim. The way I figure, I am not out to impress anyone... Just trying to maintain my back health, and aerobic conditioning.

It used to take me alot less than 20 minutes to do my routine, but now I've aged... and it comes out about 30 minutes....

{was gonna post a smart alec comment about age... but you didn't post your age!!}

im hoommmeeeeeeeeeeeee

todays exercise.... rock climbing in dive gear!

when you guys get down here you will find out that sydney offers dozens of great shore dives and a small to ok walk is involved in all of them

today the bridge access to bare island was out due to repairs work so we rock climbed down the cliff did 2 football fields of surface swim (should have brought the scooter) then a 70min dive back to the entry point then a rock climb back up to the carpark... with full gear

then change tanks and repeat!!

woohooo - last year i would NOT have been able to do anything like it...heck, i didnt even fit into my wetsuit so to do it twice today is fantastic!!

oh, and the dives??? pygmie pipehorses, red indian pacific fish, blue devil fish (my first), occys, weedy sea dragons, sea horses and lots and lots and lots of other fishlife

woohooo - couldnt of done it without getting healthier!!!

cheers

edit: oh and for Roy.... 40% nitrox both tanks :D

Got 35 minutes of lap swim this morning. I was having alot of pain in my left shoulder, but examining it myself suggests muscular spasm of the muscle above the shoulder blade. So I stretched first, and after the swim, and did not have much pain this morning. I was worried that it was tendonitis or arthritis from an injury I had 10 years ago, but glad it was nothing chronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom