6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Beach Bash! June 21, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has come to my attention that this is the same day as the Mote Reef Clean-Up, which I have already signed up for and I am committed to. Sorry Colin, I'm not gonna make the meet & greet.

If I can get there, which airport is best to fly into?
You could try Sarsota also. I know they have an airpoirt I am just not sure what its official name is.
Fly into RSW and stay at my caddy shack :)

As a side note you do know that Mote Marine's artificial reef clean up is the same day.
You know, they need a better PR department.. like you know.. maybe.. kinda.. I duno.. one that is active with the people who.. you know, maybe like.. would be involved in the DIVE community at shops and ONLINE a little.. using sky writing and ESP isn't working for me :D

Colin, I posted this two months ago: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...26516-mote-marine-dive-fest-reef-cleanup.html. I guess a weekly reminder might have kept it current and on everyone's mind, but there was advance notice.

Edit: I just looked at the linked flyer, it has changed since it was originally posted. There is NOT a mention of the reef cleanup on it any longer. There was at least one other thread about the Reef Clean -Up: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/227931-pirate-coast-dive-festival.html and:
Pirate Coast Dive Festival 2008 . Info about the reef cleanup is on the second link along with the date.

Colin, I posted this two months ago: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...26516-mote-marine-dive-fest-reef-cleanup.html. I guess a weekly reminder might have kept it current and on everyone's mind, but there was advance notice.

Ah, see.. even you forgot about it. I see its also in the Tampa Bay forum, which for me is very rarely visited as most of the stuff I'm interested in participating in is posted for state wide consumption. :)

Put it in your sig line, that'll keep it visible when posting around... better than 104 posts about it coming up.

Hey, just to be clear, I wasn't picking on you.. your a great resource for sharing whats up there and fun on beach dives :)

Colin, I didn't mean for it to seem I was busting your chops on this. It wasn't untill last nite when I looked up the meet & greet date did I realize there was a conflict. I assumed that anyone that was interested in doing the Reef clean-up would have put it on their calander months ago. I felt that I did everything reasonable and prudent to insure that Conchs knew about this event well in advance, short of requesting a 'sticky". BTW I did post it on the main Florida Conch forum, but it was removed as being a "double post". Anyway, all this being said, I'm sorry I'll not be attending the b'day/tooth dive meet & greet this year.

Fly into RSW and stay at my caddy shack :)

You know, they need a better PR department.. like you know.. maybe.. kinda.. I duno.. one that is active with the people who.. you know, maybe like.. would be involved in the DIVE community at shops and ONLINE a little.. using sky writing and ESP isn't working for me :D

Only reason I remembered was our Dive Team was going to the cleanup for a training day. I knew that day sounded familiar when I first read about it. Took me a day or so to figure out why. Sorry. I'll talk to the team to see if we are still doing it.

Ah, see.. even you forgot about it. I see its also in the Tampa Bay forum, which for me is very rarely visited as most of the stuff I'm interested in participating in is posted for state wide consumption. :)

Hey now, that is not fair. Check the calendar - events are posted - for statewide consumption :jump: The area is for all who would like to join. As we know, lots of the areas goings on were lost in the Conch forum hence, the advent of GTBA. The advent of the forum has caused a great many to be able to come together, get to know one another, which in turn has caused a great many to dive more often, as well as travel w/*new buddies to other Conch events. :)

Just saying that if its not in the Florida Trips and Market Place, especially the last few months when I've just been flat busy, I didn't have much time to look at much else. Right now, I have a little more time... next week maybe not. But this is all stuff we can chat about at the Birthday bash!

Back on track! I'm voting for some salsa burgers.. anyone else game?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom