6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reminder if divers are done with each dive and back to boat we can squeeze another dive trip in am . VIS is like pool water as of today!!!!! If we don't have more divers in afternoon trip will be canceled. Please remember to keep gear limted to gear needed for dive to allow for room for all divers.
Thanks
9am FULL
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen& Tim
Sarah & Travis
Marla
11am
Jenny and Sis
Brent parkway
Carrissa & Tracy
Walter & Nancy
Brian and Richard

1pm
Jenny

Sounds good. I'll bring the buns for the weenies.

Buns for the hot dogs will be fine. I don't think all the weenies we have coming want to carry around an empty bun :wink: *giggle* j/k

Jamie, I don't think there are two Sis'. Lil Sis/Carissa is with me. I don't believe Jenny is bringing a Sis. I know she is bringing a Hermit Crab aka her daughter but she is not going on the boat, per Jenny.

***Attendees*****​

:bananalama: Note, We have gone from about ten to near 70 SB'ers :bananalama:

Cbulla clan (6) – Box of chicken and a thing of potato salad from Publix
Cigami (1) - Pumpkin Desert
Krawdaddy (3) - hot dog buns and fruit bread
CoolTech + RawkStar (2) - Case of ice cold water and a case of Diet Coke
Kbeck? (1) - Two cases of water
Lil’ Castaway (1) – A variety and several LARGE bags of chips
DV4Fun (1)
Reef Raker (5) – Nacho Casserole and Potato Salad
ScubaJenny and the newly minted diver.... Hermit Crab :yelclap: (2) – Carmel Corn and mango salsa
SharkBaite and guests (3) –
ScubaIvan (1) -
Bdrannik + 3 (4) -
DeepSeaExplorer + JollyRoger (2) - Cooler of drinks. Half water, half soda, and ice
Truck1 + son (2) - Yum, yum chili and a canopy.
BlondeAmbition (1) - covered by Truck1
CardZard and Roxanne (2) - Three boxes of chicken
MichelleA + 1 (2)
Sadie199 + Hubby (2)
MissDirected + one teen (2) - Plates, napkins, forks, trashbags, and plenty of hot dogs
LilSis (1) - Covered by MissD
Walter + Teenietinynancy (2)
LJMongy (1)
dkramer + 2 (3) - Case of Pepsi and three tubs chicken from Publix
PolarBearBen (1) - 2 tubs Chilled Pasta Salad - Yummy :)
JoysterShell + MegaMikey (2) - Lots of muffins for the morning
Brewone0to, Mrs. Brew, and two friends (4) - Coleslaw and box of chicken
RealJet (1) - Canopy
III + ScubaAnn (2) -
Diver_11 + one diving friend and 2 non-diving friend (4) - Fruit and assorted breads
losttravekerfl (1) - Chicken and drinks
safyrewulfie + one diver (2) -

I'm thinking boxes/buckets of chicken, like from Publix, is going to be the way to go for the main meal, along with the chili, and whatever peeps would like to go with it. :ne_nau: We've done chicken on the last couple gatherings and it worked great. Much less clean-up and mess.

Also, I will bring the big ScubaBoard Banner so's we are easy to find :biggrin:I've made some poles so it can stand on its own.

This thing is getting big :bananalama:

Last edited:
Question - Do we have tables for all this goodness?

Funny u say that, I've been looking for a decent sized table adn haven't found one yet. Do you have one? Lots will be in coolers to stay out of the blazing sun but we still need a table.

I have nothing special (card table) but I can make some calls to see about getting one for the weekend (folding long table). With the other stuff that does not need a cooler the serving area could get crowded and might deter people from taking some food.

I am shy when it comes to 'feeding' at gatherings so if stuff is not easily accessible I might pass. I just want everyone to feel welcome to everything.

I have nothing special (card table) but I can make some calls to see about getting one for the weekend (folding long table). With the other stuff that does not need a cooler the serving area could get crowded and might deter people from taking some food.

I am shy when it comes to 'feeding' at gatherings so if stuff is not easily accessible I might pass. I just want everyone to feel welcome to everything.

I learned this lesson long ago. So now, I usually ask everyone to put their cooler by the main table instead of having coolers all over. This way people don't feel as though they are rummaging through peoples things - 'tis a tried and true method that works great :) So a card table would be just fine. We can put the coolers around and under it, paper products on it along with items that don't need cooled. :D Thing is people eat at different times through the day, since they are diving, so much will have to stay in coolers.

BTW, I'm sooo lookin' forward to Saturday and seeing old and new friends :yeahbaby:

Had not thought of that but I need to get it hot first before I try and keep it warm. Ill bring bowls and spoons with me when I go get the stuff for the chili.

I am bringing several canned cooking fuels and extra foil pans so if you want to throw the chili in a foil pan to heat it up about mid morning it would be nice and hot. I was thinking that would work for the dogs as well.

Since I am setting up a tray of cold goodies for the nachos beside the sour cream I will have-
lettuce, tomatos, black olives and diced onions. I will bring relish for the dogs that the other member is bringing.

If someone brought salad dressing, or grabbed some packets from publix for those that would just like a salad. I will have enough of the above for extra.

I am also bringing a mid-long table.

If my math is correct we are close to 50- Holy Moly :partytime:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom