6" hose for transmitter . . Should I ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muzikbiz22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've been using my wireless transmitter directly mounted on first stage, for years, with NO ISSUES. I've seen plenty of divers with a little 6" hose for them, and let them dangle. Seems like a great idea. I'm I missing out on something ??

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Course that's also the reason why I still use a brass and glass SPG. :)

I, like you have considered it. The biggest concern I have with transmitters is when an unsuspecting hand uses the transmitter for a handle to move a tank. Had mine flood in Fiji, and I am almost sure that's what happened since it worked a few days before and was in my carry on bag. Putting it on a short HP hose [-]eliminates[/-] lessens the chance of that happening.

I put mine on a 6" hose because the ports where too close together to allow me to attach it directly to the regulator. I was also told that it would lessen the chances of it getting damaged when someone used it as a grip to pick up the tank.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Thanks All !! Great comments from everyone. The one that hits home the most, "if it ain't broke, . . .". I'll keep it on the first stage and continue to be my cautious self :)

Do you have a regular length SPG hose? Put it on there for a while to see how it works for you.

No, I do not. One of the main reasons I went AI/wireless years ago, was to reduce clutter, weight, get rid of a clunky console, etc., and streamline. It performs just fine mounted directly on the first stage. Just didn't know if I was missing out on something by let it dangle off a 6" hose. Merxlin brought up a good point in that it (the transmitter) possibly being mistake for a "handle". At the end of the day, "it ain't broke", so I'll keep it as is.

I do not have a computer with a transmitter myself, but I once heard someone give advice for someone planning to take one cave diving. He said to put it on the 6" hose because of the potential for banging it into the ceiling of the cave. I assume that would be true inside any area with an overhead environment.

I've been using my wireless transmitter directly mounted on first stage, for years, with NO ISSUES. I've seen plenty of divers with a little 6" hose for them, and let them dangle. Seems like a great idea. I'm I missing out on something ??

I first started using them because of the port configuration on my Aqua Lung regulator. Switched over to Atomic and didn't have such constraints. However, still kept the 6 inch hose because of the many posts regarding damaged transmitters. Imho, it's just added piece of mind. I just use a small length of bungee and tied it to my primary low pressure hose, to keep it from dangling.

Back
Top Bottom