6/27/09 7th Annual Venice Beach and Birthday Dive Bash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4.o :thumbs-up I know a girl that has a 5.1 - imagine that. Heck I didn't even know that was possible until a couple of years ago. Anyway, the school has paid all of her tuition and they are giving her living expenses and spending money as well.:shocked2: So make sure ya check out what they may have to offer. I agree with your daughter... If that is what she is wanting to do this is a great area to come to. We've definitely got tons of places that take interns (MoteMarine, The Aquarium, etc). I'm sure you guys already know that though. Anyway, I guess we best quit hi-jacking the birthday bash thread :) One last thing, if your daughter decides to stay here and wants to meet some people - I could introduce her to my son - maybe he could show her around if she is interested. :idk: :)

Joyce, just take puff a beach chair to relax in at the airport. :wink:

The 5.1 is an artificially inflated GPA, honors, AP, and IB classes are multipliers. My daughter's school does not do that, colleges adjust the GPA on the 4.0 scale. That girl must have taken a heavy load with those classes in order to get that GPA. It does reflect a tremendous amount of work on that girl's part.

Thank you for your help, I am sure we will speak further on the 27th

Question:

Is there anybody from Broward county that will be heading over to Venice just for the day? I would be happy to rideshare if anybody is interested. Please post here, or drop me a pm. Thanks, Joyce

It is entirely possible that some particular thing will come up that will preclude my attendance. But otherwise, I plan on being there. Who wants to volunteer to reteach me how to breathe underwater?

It is entirely possible that some particular thing will come up that will preclude my attendance. But otherwise, I plan on being there. Who wants to volunteer to reteach me how to breathe underwater?

Be happy to help in any way you need, it will be nice to see you again

I will! I will!!!
Joyce, nice to hear you found a ride.

Babe, we will save you food, and you must drag Jamie ashore to make sure he doesn't skip out on us!

Obxdiveguy and I are hoping to be there. There is a slight chance he may have to work so we can't committ 100%. Hopefully we'll know for sure in a few days. Is there anything that we should bring???

Good news! Not only do I have a buddy to ride with, but we'll be heading over on Friday and spending the night. Yeah Marvel!

Thanks for giving me a call, Joyce! Haven't been on SB in a while & so I did not know about this. SB's been blocked by my company... :shakehead:

Another friend or two of mine may show up too- non-SB members (yes, they really DO exist!)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom