50+ Years of diving history

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Greetings,

A certified diver for 50+ years and worked 30+ years in the scuba industry, operating a scuba repair business for many of those years. I was a collector of diving equipment and am looking to make peace with my wife by divesting in my collection of regulators, both double and single hose. Old computers and specialty tools/ repair manuals related to equipment repair. If interested let me know. Happy bubbles to all!

Can be contacted @ jbrandt671@gmail.com

Greetings,

A certified diver for 50+ years and worked 30+ years in the scuba industry, operating a scuba repair business for many of those years. I was a collector of diving equipment and am looking to make peace with my wife by divesting in my collection of regulators, both double and single hose. Old computers and specialty tools/ repair manuals related to equipment repair. If interested let me know. Happy bubbles to all!

Can be contacted @ jbrandt671@gmail.com
Hello fellow old guy! I just registered to see if anyone might be interested in my original Scuba Pro Decompression Meter that I purchased probably in 1969 (or whichever year they came out). Best invention since canned beer! I purchased it from the inventor, a dive shop owner in Flint Michigan who designed a lot of Scuba Pro's equipment back in the day. My older dive partner and I purchased ours after a week of diving shipwrecks in the Straits of Mackinac when we were making three dives a day on the William H Barnum 250 ft steamer with auxiliary sails that sank in 1894. 65 ft to the deck, 85 ft to the bottom. We'd got out at 0800 and anything over 30 minutes was a decompression dive, go back down at noon (anything over 20 minutes was decompression dive) and came back to the camp grounds for a rest and diner before going back out for a 2000 night dive which again anything over 20 minutes was a decompression dive. The older / "rich" divers in the club had purchased the Scuba Pro Decompression meters and they were diving the 600 ft ore freighter Cedarville that sank in 1965 in 110 ft of water (120 ft inside the wheel house) and they went out at 0800 and completed three 30 minute dives and were back in the campgrounds by noon without getting bent!!

It got a bad rep I'm sure because people didn't know how to use them, i.e. they would run them into the red and then tried to use decompression stops to get them back out of the red but they did not come back out very fast which probably forced them to surface because they ran out of air. Anyway, I used my for several years down to my deepest dive of 126 ft (on my first cave dive) without getting bent. FYI, even before getting our decompression meters my dive partner and I performed our own safety (hadn't been invented yet or at least not taught yet) at ten feet to burn off the rest of our tanks because we had been getting headaches even though we followed the Navy dive tables. safety stops got rid of the headaches.

Anyway, if you know of anyone that could make good use of an original DC meter let me know because at 72+ I've determined that I probably won't be going to the effort of diving again and I've already gotten rid of my two 72 cf and one 38 cf galvanized tanks.

Fantastic post largepuppy

To come out of the red air would have to bleed back through this ceramic filter not too precise

IMG_3816.JPG

Do you need a service

IMG_3801.JPG

Better than a bought one

Back
Top Bottom