Home for public display of vintage gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply It's a great question with a tough answer. An approximately 100 sq ft space would be great, but things could be scaled up or down or rotated through, depending on the facility's needs and desires.
Craig,
..not really ‘off of the subject’ but I am a vintage collector who resides in Harrellsville, NC near Ahoskie. I don’t buy-trade-sell my vintage gear but acquire it for my growing collection and diving activities. I am now 64 y o and searching for a family member or friend who has ‘The Gift’ for collecting and diving it like I do. A nephew does to some degree but is a single father holding down a career and caring for his daughter and has a variety of interests. One being SCUBA. If that prospect doesn’t pan out I hope that this effort to establish a location for displaying the gear comes to fruition. Another idea. An exhibition ‘pool’ w/‘glass sides for periodic demos of vintage gear for interested visitors in the area to come and see. 🤿😀🦈 …just a thought🤔

Scott G. Bonser, PADI DM since ‘84. Harrellsville, NC
giantfroginthepool

It sounds like you are looking for a temporary space while the renovation is occurring. I would recommend contacting Ryan Spence, ryan@flashbackscuba.com , who has the Flashback Scuba Museum in the Tacoma, Washington area. He also has a warehouse, I believe, as not all of his collection is being exhibited.

SeaRat
Hey John,
…glad I spotted this post. I have been hoping for my nephew in Jacksonville, FL to take on my collection in the future when the inevitable happens. Rob in Cincinnati at TSM is another prospect. Yes, I have acquired lots of vintage SCUBA stuff mostly DHRs and at least 80 masks in excellent condition. The regulators that are working are diveable. I do have parts regs for….parts or building O W setups to dive with. Please keep me posted with developments regarding this. A viable location for my treasured vintage gear.
Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

Do you have pictures of the existing display and the items in the display?

One possibility is to find a dive shop with extra space that could host it.
Do you have display cabinets or whatever you intend to use as barriers? How about item labels and explanations?
Many (or some) dive shops would like to host such a display, if they have the space, but they are not going to have appropriate display cabinets or the proper setup with labels, etc.
Luis,
if you find out any more info regarding this development, please let me know. I hope to perhaps see you in Gibsonburg on Saturday, ‘Lord willing and the creek don’t rise’ …what am I sayin’ I got SCUBA.🤿

giantfroginthepool

Back
Top Bottom